March 13, 2012

Light At The End Of The Tunnel

With how hectic and stressful things have been at work I had lost sight of the light at the end of the tunnel.

My vacation/personal time renews next Friday. In fact it renews two days after our anniversary. Unfortunately I have to work on our anniversary but to make up for that I took next Friday off. Then two weeks after that I am taking a Friday and the following Monday off. The last two aren't really because of anything special. But the carpool driver is taking four days off in that stretch of time and I just don't want to drop that much into the gas tank. So I said fuck it and took two of those days off.

After that I'm saving my vacation time and personal time for job interviews (should they arise... hopefully they do soon) and if I'm really sick.

Remember how I get half day Fridays every other week? Well, because of how everything lines up it goes like this:

1st week (this week): Half day Friday
2nd week: Friday off
3rd week: Half day Friday
4th week: Friday off
5th week: That Monday off and half day Friday.

Fuck yes!!!!!

Now, as a result I'll have to make sure that I bust my tail during the days I am at work, but the time off will be well worth it. Not only do I get some time to breathe (trust me I need it) but I also get a lot more time with Master. 

Master and I have been bouncing all over the place visiting family lately. While I enjoy doing that, most of the time, this means that we really don't have a lot of down time. Why? Well, one of the weekend days will be with family and then if that happens the next day will be making sure all the errands and shit are done. So it's not really a lot of down time.

So Master and I have already told people that the next two weekends are off the table. It's just for me and Him. This week because we've visited family every weekend for the past month. Next week because it's the weekend of our anniversary.

Now that I've allowed that to sink back into my head I'm a lot less stressed and just telling myself I just have to get through tomorrow and Thursday and then it'll be five weeks of no full work weeks and I'm only using three vacation days to do it. Rock the hell on.

No comments:

Post a Comment