March 12, 2012

Fuck You Very Much

Today has been a very fucking stressful day. It's a good thing that I know how to bite my tongue, that's for damn sure.

Work, work, work. Blah, blah, blah. More of the same but to a higher degree. It's just stressing me the fuck out and I hate being threatened when I'm busting my ass. Today I was told by one of my coworkers that she got a written warning for being 2 weeks behind. We are fucking swamped. It's ridiculous. I was a week and a half behind so I started to freak out, as I'm known to do. Yes, I'm looking for a new job but I have no idea how long that's going to take me so I need to make sure I stay in good standing where I am now.

 So guess what I did? I called Master and asked if He could please pick me up tonight. He asked why and I said that I needed to do some serious overtime today. I needed to stay until at least 8pm to give me a chance to catch up. Of course that meant that the carpool couldn't take me home.

It sucks not only because I had to stay until 8pm but also because gas prices are fucking nuts and I'm already paying the carpool and now putting extra gas in our car just so I can catch up at work. Yeah, overtime money is great... that is until taxes take a fucking chunk out.

So I pulled an 11 1/2 hour day. I'm not used to that. I know people do it all the time but I am just not used to it. And now of course cause I'm home, pissy and have had four cups of coffee to keep me alert at work I'm wired. I couldn't go to bed on time if I tried.

Master told me that I can stay up tonight. I am going into work early tomorrow, but not by very much. I can still get up at my normal time and be ready before the carpool rolls up.

I'm caught up on the important stuff. So now, tomorrow after all the normal stuff is taken care of I'm going to start taking a chunk out of the lower priority things.

When you pull an 11 1/2 hour day and you still aren't able to get caught up on everything at least to the point where you are only a week behind, that's some bullshit. Especially since I've normally been pulling 8 1/2 to 9 hour days. That's not including my lunch breaks. My lunch breaks lately have been about 5 to 10 minutes long and I don't get 15 minute breaks. That is the only time where I can actually breathe for a moment unless I'm going to the bathroom or grabbing something to drink. I don't take my time, I don't just stand around and talk. I'm 100% focused when I'm clocked in and we're busy like this.

I just feel so.... pissed off. That's really the only way I can explain it. I do my job. I do it to the best of my ability and still there are threats.

I walked into my supervisor's office today when he wasn't in there (he's been shutting his door when he's in there lately) to drop off a file and I noticed all these bright red folders on his desk. They were all spread out. And guess what? Each red folder had a name of one of us in that department, myself included.

I need out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment