March 14, 2012

Heating Up

Today was a beautiful day weather wise. It got a little over 70° today. It's still technically winter. It was a rather light winter for around here to be honest. This makes me think that we're in for an especially hot summer. Anything above 75° is too hot for me. This is why I don't want to ever move to one of those states that is known for 100° being the norm in the summer time. Master and I basically live in air conditioning when it gets over 80°. We just don't handle that much heat very well. As it is we have the sliding glass door open and the fan part of the air conditioner on.

But for now I'm not going to bitch about the heat. The funny thing is I can't handle the cold that well either. I can take it in short bursts but I don't have a lot of body fat so I get cold rather easily. As a result you would think I could take the heat better. Well, I can take it better than I can take the cold but still.

For whatever reason when I got home from work today it felt like tomorrow was going to be Friday. Stupid brain making me think a day ahead. I wish tomorrow was Friday. That way I would only have four hours of work to get through and then go see my shrink and fill my prescriptions. After that it would just be normal errands.

As it was today I wish I could have left work an hour early. No reason other than to get out of there because I knew the weather was nice and I would have enjoyed sitting out on the little slab of cement that we call a porch with Master and our pup. That's one thing that really sucks about sitting by a window at work, you can see what it's like out.

Maybe this weekend we can sit outside with the pup for a while. We'll be giving him a bath this weekend so we'll have to go out there for him to dry off and for us to brush him to get all the dead fur out. As long as it's not too hot I'm sure we'll sit out there for a while and just talk.

I look forward to the days where we have an actual porch of some kind.

2 comments:

  1. I don't deal well with extremes of hot and cold very well either - England suits me well really, not too hot and not too cold! Maybe a teeny bit far for you to move though, lol!

    ReplyDelete