March 23, 2012

Feels Like Saturday

I woke up today thinking it was Saturday. Then again it's kind of weird having a Friday off, so I'm sure that plays a part in it. It's been a rather gloomy days weather wise. Lots of fog and rain. Although the rain goes from being actually rain and then into more of a mist. I enjoy this kind of weather though, even though I call it gloomy. I find it relaxing.

We haven't done much at all today. We've mainly been talking or watching TV. Every now and then I'll find my way to the computer for a little while and check some things. I've been doing some more job hunting. With gas prices the way they are going the thought of having a job closer to home seems even more appealing.

I just got off the phone with my dad. He has asked me to look into how much he could sell his collectables for. I was rather shocked when he brought that up. He's been building that collection since he was a teenager during the 70's. I had asked him why he wanted to sell it and he told me that he didn't really have the room to display it all anymore and he wants to sell it to buy a car that he's really interested from a guy that is coming up in June. My dad is a car nut but even taking that into consideration I never thought I would see the day where he would sell his collection in order to buy a car. Never.

But if that's what he wants to do that's what he wants to do. And the car he wants isn't even a car he's going to drive a lot. He has his main vehicle and the one he wants to buy would just be something to drive around on the weekends or when he just wants to go for a drive in it.

So my dad was asking if he could come up to us sometime in the near future so he can look up some of the stuff with me. My dad hates being on computers so basically he wants to tell me what to search for and then he'll take a peek at what comes up in the search.

He also wants us to drive down to him sometime in the near future and bring our digital camera so we can take pictures of the stuff he wants to sell.

I told him that would be fine. It's my way of trying to help him out other wise there would be no way for him to really sell the stuff. He doesn't know or like computers and he doesn't have a camera, let alone a digital one. Yes, he could ask my brother for help too but he knows that I used to really have a passion for his collection as well. I still do admire it, I'm just not all that into the collection anymore. I used to own some of it actually and gave it to him when I was kind of over it. So we'll see how well this turns out. I honestly hope he makes enough money to buy the car he wants. It would really fucking suck if he sold everything and still couldn't afford it. I honestly think that would break his heart.

2 comments: