March 21, 2012

And Many More To Come

Today is our anniversary! We've officially been together for nine years and married for five. Wow.

Oddly enough in a way it feels like we've been together longer, simply because of how we are with one another. On the other hand it's like, "Already?!" But I'm sure a lot of people feel that way about their relationships. Well, unless it's one of those why aren't you dead yet relationships.

It really sucked that I had to work today. But I just have to get through one more work day and then I get a three day weekend with my Hubby. I'm really happy about that.

Since it's our anniversary our wedding day has been replaying itself in my head. Over and over again. To be perfectly honest this morning, before I went to work I played our song quietly on the computer so I wouldn't wake Him.

So, I figured since the day keeps going through my head I figure I'll just post about the highlights of the day.

I remember when the alarm went off and we were both about to get out of bed He rolled over, kissed me and said happy anniversary. That was so sweet and put an instant smile on my face, not that I needed that because I was already really excited the minute the alarm went off.

We got dressed and waited for some friends to come over. They were meeting us at our place and then we were going out to breakfast. So we ate and then went to another friends house to meet up with them and then drive to the courthouse downtown.

The whole getting the marriage license and all that seems like a blur. I remember waiting to be called into the room and Master was sitting on a bench and I was buzzing all over the place because I couldn't sit still.

We got married and the justice of the peace was fucking hilarious. He was a perfect fit for us and our mood that day. We made it through the vows and I didn't cry although I answered "I do" like two sentences early and then said it again when it was actually the right time. I could see the giant smile on His face and the sparkle in His eyes.

After that we all decided to meet up at a bar before heading down to the reception hall. We had made those plans a couple of days before so I knew exactly where it was and what store we would be passing on the way there. Master had a video game that He was extremely excited about pre-ordered and the release date was our wedding day. He didn't know that I had put the receipt that we needed to pick up the game in my purse. Like I said, I knew we were going to pass the store. He hadn't brought up the game at all and had actually made a point a week before to tell me that He wasn't picking it up until we got home from the honeymoon.

Well, as we came up on the store I told Him to stop at Game Stop. He looked at me like I had lost my mind. I pulled the receipt out and told Him we were going to pick up His game. He was very surprised and elated.

Since we had made that pit stop everyone else had gotten to the bar before us. When we arrived they asked what had taken so long and Master told them what I had done. The females in attendance looked at me like I was nuts and His best man said, "You have the coolest wife ever!"

A couple drinks later and we headed down to the reception hall. A lot went on and very quickly once people started showing up. Although I clearly remember my grandfather being the first to call me Mrs. (out last name). I couldn't stop smiling the entire night.

We had dinner and then put some mixed cds that we had made in a boombox for music. We danced to our song and then we sat around for a while mingling with people before we had our cake. Thankfully Master did not smash any in my face.

It was wonderful. That day is one of the brightest moments in my life. And here it is, five years later and so many more to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment