November 20, 2013

Distraction

I'm trying very, very hard to let the stress go after I get out of work. It seriously feels like they are trying to make me quit. Fuck you.

But I don't really want to write about the bullshit at my job. I want to talk about how I've been keeping myself busy to distract myself. And Master is helping a lot. He is always trying to make me laugh. He has made sure to give me nice long hugs and He just got done giving me a 45 minute long back rub. I'm not kidding. It felt great. We've been watching random things on Netflix and pretty much just relaxing as much as possible.

I am tossing out a lot of job applications. I've received two calls. The problem with both is that they are sales jobs. Guess who sucks at sales? This girl. It was base + commission. I can't rely on commission, especially when I suck at selling things. And of course if you don't meet quota you're fired. Which makes sense. But I know before I even walk in the door that I'm not going to be good at it. So I kindly turned down both interviews. All I can do is to keep plugging away at it.

I've also been listening to music. That always helps distract me. Actually I'm listening to music right now as I write this blog post.

Oh.. and then the nerd in me has been trying very hard to sneak it's way out. I'm a nerd and I know it. But sometimes the coding nerd in me wants to do something. I don't really have any projects. I don't build websites. So I have this. Yes, this blog.

I know that I've said it over and over again that I'm going to change the theme/template here. And I totally plan on doing so. I created a test blog though so I can get it just the way I want it before transferring all of the information to my actual blog. That makes more sense to me. After all I don't want to be constantly redoing this one and trying to make it look right while people are actually reading. That would be very confusing.

I've been browsing templates for about a week now. Close to it anyway. I've actually downloaded a few and uploaded them to the test blog. One of them I really, really liked but I couldn't tweak it enough to the point of making it my own. I don't mean a complete overhaul of the coding, just tweaking. And when I did it with that template it just made it ugly. That was scrapped and I continued the hunt. I tried a few other ones but they just didn't look right.

I'm a little spoiled with this one. I've had it just the way I want it for a long time now. But that isn't going to stop me from looking for a new one. I have a hobby, which is code tweaking, and damn it I will find an outlet for it!

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment