November 8, 2013

Romance

Master and I are not big on what I call typical romance. You know... roses, expensive dinners, all that noise.

I never was and never will be one of those girls. It's just how I am. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I grew up as a tom boy. *shrugs* That kind of thing has just never appealed to me. I told Master all of this in the beginning. I mean, I didn't really think He was that kind of guy anyway but I just wanted to be straight up about it. I find such things to be a waste of money. You're going to hand me a bunch of dying flowers that you paid for? Um. Yeah, no thanks. As far as expensive dinners go the most expensive I ever want to go to is Applebee's or some place else that is close to that price range. I'm not even kidding. It's food. I do not see the point for paying a lot of money for something I'm going to eat. Never mind I could just spend less and buy it at the grocery store. Fuck that.

I mean it's not all about the food. It's about going out for a night with your significant other. But to me, that doesn't mean you have to go broke doing it.

To me the little things are far more romantic. Like when Master has His trench coat on and it's raining and He lifts up one side so I can hide under it. When He won me that teddy bear at the county fair, that meant a lot more to me than if He had given me flowers. Holding hands while we walk around in public means more to me than all that romantic posturing bullshit.

An image Master showed me made me smile.






They are a little odd. A little different. Yes, they still do have a lot of romantic qualities to them. But they also focus on the small things. Kissing of the hand, holding one another close, a small caress of a hand along the other's jaw line. I also love that they flirt with one another constantly. They have been together a long time and still make those quick comments that mean so much. All of that means so much more than anything He could ever buy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment