November 22, 2013

Purple!

Okay, so you remember how I said I was looking for a new template for my blog? Well, that turned out to be a bigger hassle than I originally thought it would be. Seriously. I just couldn't find one that I love as much as this one.

I was getting frustrated. I wanted to give up but at the same time I wanted to feed the nerd inside of me. It took forever and a day but a light bulb went off above my head. Seriously though it took forever before that damn light went off. I think, in total, I spent about 8 hours (not all in one shot mind you) just browsing themes and uploading them to my test blog if I happened to come across one I liked but then I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted to.

The light bulb was why not just tweak the one I have?! Duh! Master thought it was a good idea too. So.. I figured I'd just change the color. Instead of blue, it's purple. At first I thought about turning it red. I love the color red. But it just didn't look right. It was either too dark to show properly in the side bar or it was too light and I didn't like it. As a result, I started thinking about what other colors I could use instead.I thought about gray for a short period of time but I figured that would be too blah and dull. Not enough pop.

Of course if I couldn't use my favorite color why not use Master's? Purple. Of course the purple couldn't be too dark other wise it wouldn't really pop in the sidebar with how dark the side bar is. It's a little lighter than I thought it would be. It's more of a violet really. But I actually really like the way it turned out. I checked with Master after I had changed it all to see whether or not He liked it. He did actually. I was worried He would think it was too light.

Yes, I know it's my blog and Master has always said I can make it look any way I want it to. But I don't want my blog to be something He doesn't like. It's just the way my mind works. What would Master like? What does Master think? What would Master want? On and on and on.

I couldn't just stop at making the links purple. Since I had also used the blue color on my twitter account, and my avatar, and my blog counter.. well you get the picture... I now had to change it all to purple. And so I did. It honestly didn't take all that long. Once I got the color code right where I wanted it the rest was easy. It only took me about 15 minutes to find the avatar I wanted to use. (It had to stay in the tiger theme obviously.)

Just out of curiosity, what do you think?

4 comments: