April 2, 2014

Here's Hoping

I have to get up in about five hours. Unfortunately, it's not because I found a new job. It's for an unemployment meeting type thing. Basically, if you are on unemployment you have to go to a meeting to give you tips about how to apply for jobs, how your resume should look, etc. and so on. It's mandatory. And if you don't go, you no longer get benefits. So mine is tomorrow at 9am. As a result I need to get up at 7am. The only problem is that because I've turned into a huge night owl since being unemployed I am not tired at all. Not even a tiny bit. I am wide the fuck awake. Master is going to be driving me there and back, so I don't have to worry about that part. And I know for a fact I'll be awake enough for the meeting regardless of what time I fall asleep tonight. I've done a lot more on a lot less sleep. And I can always take a small nap at some point in the afternoon. I'm actually glad that the meeting is in the morning. I can go and get it done with and not worry about it being in the middle of the day. When Master went to bed tonight I made sure to set the alarm for 7am. I actually grabbed my pillow too. Not because I don't want to sleep next to Him, but because I don't know when I'll actually crash out.

I would hate to climb into bed thinking I'm ready to fall asleep only to get up in a half hour because I can't. And I wouldn't want to toss and turn because I'm frustrated that I can't fall asleep. That will only wake Him up and make it more difficult to fall back asleep. So I figure if I'm not sure if I will crash yet I can just lay on the couch and if I drift off great. If not, then I don't have to worry about tossing and turning and waking Him up.

There are a couple of good things going on in regards to the job hunt. I had a phone interview on Monday. It was basically a phone interview to see whether or not they wanted me to come in for a face to face interview. It took a little over 20 minutes and I felt pretty confident about it. What surprised me is that she told me the hours, the pay rate, and the benefits package without my having to ask. That, to me, is a positive sign. Most places won't do that unless they are seriously considering you for the job. I'm not going to jinx myself and say it's in the bag. Especially since it was a phone interview. At the end of it the lady told me that she is at the corporate office, which is in Minnesota. She does all of the phone interviews. At that point she then sends a summary of our conversation to the place that would actually be hiring the person, which is only 15 minutes from home. That hiring manager then reviews my resume and the summary of the phone interview. If he or she decides that they want me to have a face to face interview they call me up and we continue with the interview process. She told me that I would know within the next 5 business days. So I figure that if I don't hear anything by next Tuesday I'll shoot an e-mail off to the lady I spoke with on the phone politely requesting a status update.

I also received an e-mail from a different job that I had applied to. It's a very serious job with a pretty lengthy interview process. It is for a 911 telecommuter position. The job is actually located in my home town. For now it would be about the same drive as I was doing for my last job, but since Master and I are looking to move to His home town it would make a lot of sense as it would then only be about 15 to 20 minutes away from there. Since it is such a serious position they have a lot of tests they want to put you through before they will even consider hiring you. Anyway, the e-mail advised me that they had reviewed my resume and would like me to begin the process. I had to schedule a data entry exam with them. So I did. If I don't already have a job by that point the exam will take place on the 29th of this month. I'm actually pretty damn good at data entry. I know it doesn't always seem like it with errors in my blog post, but I'm not doing my posts as a profession. When it's for a job I go into this ultra typing zone. It's weird.

I honestly would rather get the job that I had the phone interview for but I have to take any lead I possibly can since nothing is a guarantee until an actual offer is made.

Hopefully the unemployment hearing at 9am will go by quickly and maybe it'll even be helpful.

2 comments:

  1. what about moving? will you be a house instead of an apartment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order to move I would need to get a new job, and make sure it becomes stable. After that we would need to save up. It's not cheap to move, ya know? As far as what we would be looking for I would prefer to rent a house, but it all comes down to costs.

    ReplyDelete