April 11, 2014

Pet Project

Master has been working on something for a little while. Well, He was working on an idea anyway. He wanted it all figured out before He asked for my help. I enjoy coding. I really do. It's a hobby. It's not something I would really want to do as a profession and even if I did I don't have the degree for it. I enjoy it as a hobby though. It's fun for me. Apparently He had it all worked out in His head yesterday and came to me with the idea and how He wanted it done. So He gave me a few specific things He wanted and pretty much allowed me to run with it. I was happy as hell. *laughs* I was doing something useful and I was doing something that I consider a hobby. I had thought that it would take longer. Hell, Master even thought it would take longer. But what He wanted was pretty simplistic. He wanted it to look professional yet simplistic at the same time.

Like I said, I was more than happy to help. I think part of the reason why I enjoyed it is because a few of the things I wanted to put in there were something I had never done before. So not only did I get to do coding but I also got to research a few things that I didn't know how to do before. Hell, I might use a couple of those tricks on my blog now that I know how to do them. In fact, I think I'll mess around with that tonight as long as Master doesn't need the computer and allows me to do it.

I was actually shocked when I turned around and told Master I was done. He took a look at it and He was very, very pleased. He did ask me to tweak a couple of mall things on it which were very easy to alter. Once I was all done I showed Him the things He would need to use in order to put in the entries He wanted.

He was like a kid in a candy store once He got the hang of it. And I was very proud of myself. I'm not saying it's 100% professional looking but it's exactly what He was looking for. I felt proud and I think He was proud of me.

Even though it didn't take long I felt like I had accomplished something. I would say that it took me about three hours total. The time was broken up because He would need to kick me off the computer for a little while. Unfortunately we only have the one computer. But I didn't mind. How could I? After all I was doing a favor for Him and it wasn't taking me as long as I had originally thought it would.

He may or may not need me to help Him with it again in the future. I, of course, would be more than happy to. I'm just glad that He was so pleased by it.

2 comments:

  1. Is your Master making a blog now too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, He will not be blogging again. He use to but eventually got tired of it. This is for a different web project that He undertook. He's really excited about it and I'm excited for Him.

    ReplyDelete