April 19, 2014

Distracted

Well, since I had nothing to code anymore on the pet project Master had and I really needed something to distract myself with. So I created what I'll call a test blog for me messing with the coding for this blog. I'm glad I did that because I think I was messing with it for a total of 6 hours. I didn't like the colors, then I didn't like the background, and etc. and so on. Finally I settled on this one. It may not look as "professional" as the last template I had but that's because I basically built this one from the ground up. And ya know what? I'm grooving on it. As a result I also had to update my twitter background and avatar as well as the background for the e-mail address I use for this account, and I had to change my "gravatar". Okay, so I didn't have to but I did it anyway because I'm a bit OCD about those kind of things. Why? I don't know.

Grandpa was transferred to the hospital where his heart doctors are yesterday a little after he was released from ICU. Then he had the experimental surgery shortly there after. He is still alive but the doctors said that it didn't do any good either. Basically he went through it for nothing.

Today he is going from lethargic to what the nurses are calling combative. They had to pad the sides of his hospital bed so he doesn't accidentally hurt himself.

I ended up breaking down and crying last night for a little while. Master came over to the couch and sat next to me so He could hold me. I was able to continue talking while crying to explain more to Master. Normally when I'm crying I can't talk at all so that was a bit of an accomplishment on my part.

Since my father and I had that talk he has been a lot better about keeping me informed and up to date. It may not be right away, but I can understand that. That man has a lot of shit on his plate right now. So I only checked in once. The rest of the time I waited for him to contact me. I just wanted periodic updates. I don't need anything right away unless of course he passes away. Then I would like to know as soon as possible, obviously. 

Today I sent my father a text to see if I could tag along to his next visit. He told me he would let me know and see if Grandpa is up to more than one visitor at a time. I would rather go with my dad rather than just showing up on my own. Part of it is due to my grandpa's memory issues and the other part is that I would feel more comfortable about it especially after Grandpa telling everyone he doesn't want visitors. I think doing a tag along would be easier on everyone.

Last night Grandpa thought he was in a hotel room waiting for his deceased wife to visit. This makes me think that it won't be very long. Him talking to Grandma and him saying that she's on her way to visit him or she is in the next room or that she is right next to him has been becoming more frequent for a few months now but this past week it has been non-stop.

2 comments: