April 28, 2014

Shock to the System

I couldn't sleep when Master and I went to bed so I figured I'd hop on here and do a small post. The meeting happened today and I have to say it didn't go anything like I thought it would. When my dad and uncle first contacted everyone to schedule it, they made it seem rather important and since they wouldn't tell anyone exactly what it was about it had everyone wondering about it and working ourselves up about it.

But we get there and all it was about was offering everyone to take some groceries with them since Grandpa won't be coming home and they don't want it going to waste and to try and set up some kind of visitor schedule so that Grandpa doesn't get bombarded with a bunch of visitors at one time. I actually felt relieved at first because I was glad it had nothing to do with the will or anything horrible. I knew if it was about the will it would get ugly.

Well, it got kind of ugly anyway. As my dad and uncle were telling us exactly what it was about my mother said, "That's it?" And well.. it was all down hill from there. It was like a match was set to kerosine and my mother and father ended up getting into a verbal fight. My dad called her a bitch and my mom called him an asshole. She said she was leaving, he told her to leave. It just wasn't pretty. And my brother, my Husband, and myself just sat there. There just wasn't any way to get a word in edge wise and I felt that it was pretty even since they had both swore at one another. It also seemed somewhat short lived since Mom did end up leaving.

Well, once she left we did out best to just not bring it up again. My dad ranted a bit but after that he calmed down we went back to the original conversation. My uncle wanted a cigarette so my dad, my Husband, and my uncle went into the garage to smoke and I asked my brother if we could talk alone. So we did. I asked him what he thought and he said he wasn't too surprised it happened and honestly I kind of was because I was only expecting it to happen if the will was brought up. But it all happened so fast that it was a shock to the system.

After my brother left I told Dad that I think everyone could have handled that a lot better. I don't think either of them had to react that way. But then again they can't really be in the same room without barbing each other. The divorce wasn't pretty and towards the end of their marriage they were fighting a lot.

I called Mom once I got home to see if she was okay and she was pissed off at both myself and my brother for not sticking up for her. I told her that I thought it was pretty even since she called him an asshole and he called her a bitch. She told me that he had called her a whore and a cunt. I told her that I didn't hear that part and if I had I definitely would have stepped in. Those words would have been uncalled for. But just like anyone in our family when we're pissed off we don't really want to talk to anyone. So she cut the call short and was still pissed. I know Dad was still pissed too.

I will say that I had a bit of a flashback to when I was growing up since that wasn't exactly anything new when we were growing up. I think that may have been part of the reason I didn't react. I was just shocked that it was happening at all. I basically just tried to blend into the couch. However, like I said, if I had heard Dad call Mom a cunt or a whore I would have stepped in. Since I didn't hear those two words if I had stepped in it would have been to tell both of them to calm down and stop.

Normally I talk to my mother every day. I don't think it's wise to call her tomorrow as I don't know how pissed off she'll still be at me and whether or not she'll want to talk to me at all. So I'll wait for her to call me, if she wants to. I don't know. Am I mad at Mom for being pissed off at me or my brother? No. I can't tell her how to feel just like she can't tell me how to feel.

I hate fighting with family and after I had calmed down I crashed out on the couch really early and slept for a good five hours. I woke up right before Master was going to bed and I felt tired still. So I went to bed with Him. I didn't stay in bed long though because I had this pain shooting down my leg. Master came out to ask if I was sleeping on the couch again and I told Him no, that my leg was just bothering me. He told me to prop it up, which I am doing while I'm typing this out.

I know I've been sleeping on the couch too much while He's in bed. I just have been having a hard time sleeping at night due to all the things that are going on with Grandpa.

My Dad did threaten to ban my mother from seeing Grandpa after she had left. I already know that if he does do that I'll tell him that it's not fair. We don't know how long he'll still be here and it would not only hurt my mother it would hurt Grandpa too. I love both of my parents very much and I don't want to fight with either of them. I don't know if that's part of the problem. Meaning that I'm trying to try really hard not to take sides.

This will sound absolutely horrible but Grandpa doesn't want to be here and things are escalating so quickly emotion wise for everyone that I just want this to be done with. I want Grandpa to be at rest and I don't want to fight with my parents.

On a much happier note, Master's pet project was approved! There were only a few changes that needed to be made but they were extremely easy so they were done in no time flat. I am very, very happy for Him and proud of Him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment