September 18, 2013

Thirteen

I have always said that I'm a tattoo addict. And that is the truth right there. It is something I've been addicted to since the first time I felt the tattoo gun touch my skin. That happened when I was 18. Since I was 13 years old I knew I wanted a tattoo. Of course I couldn't get one back then. I'm almost afraid what the hell I would have ended up with had I been allowed to get one at 13. *laughs*

But in this state you have to be 18 years old to get a tattoo. So, about a month after my 18th birthday I got one. I'm 30 years old now and I regret none of them. I love them all as much as I did when I got them done. My tattoos mean a lot to me. I would feel unfished without them. I would say I have an almost emotional attachment to them. I don't get them just to "look cool".

So in the course of 12 years I've collected 12 tattoos. That's one a year! Or at least it would be if they were actually spaced out that way. But they aren't. Some of them where in bursts.

But I've always promised myself that I would never get more than13 tattoos in total. So, once I hit 13 I am going to stop. Now, granted, I will be getting some touch ups. I got my first tattoo touched up when I got number 12 done. There was a time where I didn't know how to properly take care of tattoos. That would be he first one and the second one. Obviously, the first one is now touched up. So that leaves the second one. Which takes up most of my left calf. I'm not sure how expensive that one is going to be. There are a couple of other pieces that need a little touching up.

I thought about just getting all the touch ups done before I got number 13. But I think, honestly, it would be best to get number 13 first and then get the touch ups. That way, after I get the 13th done, I'll know the experience isn't over yet. I guess it'll kind of be like making sure I know that isn't the end of it all. Not yet anyway.

So now all I have to figure out is how much the 13th one will be, save up, and then get it. That is after I figure out exactly where the hell I'm putting her.

Yes, her. Master found the image for me a while go. Kind of poking fun of me for being bipolar and calling myself crazy. And she is awesome! So what I did was I took her out of the rest of the picture and saved that to our tattoo folder on the computer so I have her all ready to go when I finally go to get it put on my skin.

Here is what I'm talking about:






Isn't she fucking awesome?! I didn't name her or anything. See what I mean though? About poking fun at myself? It's this psycho looking chick in a straight jacket. And the little red butterfly floating next to her only makes it funnier to me. And that is the exact size I want her done. Any smaller and she's not going to look as detailed. Any bigger and I wouldn't like it. Her and her little butterfly friend. I could leave the butterfly out but it just wouldn't seem right to me.

She is sitting down so I kind of feel like she would look better looking like she is sitting on something. Meaning a part of my body. I don't want any kind of border or anything added to make it look like she is sitting on something. I thought about my wrist but it isn't wide enough. She probably will end up floating freely though. Simply because of the size and how skinny all of the places she could "sit" are.

No comments:

Post a Comment