September 14, 2013

Relieved

This is an update on how my shrink appointment went yesterday. Master had allowed me to skip my post last night.

Master had convinced me to leave the apartment to go to my appointment a good 15 minutes earlier than I had been planning to. He told me that since it was Friday traffic might be worse than usual and it is a bit of a drive out there. I grumbled a little bit because I didn't want to be in the waiting room that long, but I did as I was told. I did end up getting there about 20 minutes early but I was only in the waiting room for about 10 minutes. So my appointment started early for a change. My shrink had me sit down and sign a new confidentiality agreement. They do it once a year and for some reason it's normally around this time.

After that we talked. I was very open and honest with him, just like I always am. I figure that if I don't tell him the truth then I am robbing myself of being properly taken care of and helped by a medical professional. At that point, what is the use of even going?

The appointment ran longer than it usually did. Normally it's a quick in and out just to catch up a little and get my new prescription. It was so short for so long because I was doing extremely well. The only times the sessions have been longer is when something needs to be changed.

I updated him on everything and he asked me quite a few questions and was writing in my file the entire time. (I have a file at a shirnk's office... Weird.)

He asked me if I had noticed a change in my mood since upping the dosage. I said I was actually more upbeat if anything. No more thoughts/images like I had when I called him. None.

Then came the part that I was slightly dreading. He asked me if I had noticed any side effects. I told him that yes I had. I told him that if I took them about a half hour before I went to bed I would quickly start to feel drunk and my vision would get blurry. But in the morning I would be absolutely fine. I then told him that the past couple of nights I had switched to taking them literally right before I was going to walk to the bedroom. I would wait until the last possible moment, take my pills, and then go to bed to get some sleep. That way I didn't notice any side effects because I was sleeping and again when I woke up in the morning there were no side effects at all. Apparently it only happens directly after I take them. Once I "sleep it off" I'm fine.

He informed me that he has heard of other people having that issue as well. Obviously he can't tell me they are his patients but that's what I am assuming. But he said if that's all I have to do is to take them last minute and after that I was fine and it stabilized me, he didn't want to mess with it. He wants to keep me on my current medication at the current dosage. Yay! I was very happy.

He did tell me that he wants me to continue to wait until I'm literally going to go lay my head down to sleep. That way I don't run the risk of it possibly deterring me from wanting to take the pills in order to not feel the side effects at all. That's not a good thing.

I told Master all of this once I got home. He seemed extremely relieved, just like I was.

So I figure that as long as I don't take them until about 5 minutes before I go to sleep that I don't have to worry about it. It won't have time to kick in with that whole drunk feeling.

I sure in the hell don't want to take them before we have sex. That would be a horrible thing to kick in the middle of fucking. I would rather have to peel myself off our nice comfy bed afterwards and go take my meds than deal with that. Talk about killing the mood. Holy hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment