September 8, 2013

Family

My Dad was supposed to come up today. I had told him that he could come up anytime after noon. Well, close to 12:30pm Master told me to call him to see when he would be heading up. Master prefers to know times rather than just kind of a "Well, I'll let you know when I'm leaving." Which is exactly how my dad is. So I sent my dad a text rather than calling him. He didn't respond so I called and got his voice mail.

After that I just let things sit and figured I'd hear back from him one way or another. And I did about 15 minutes later. He sent me a text back. He said that he was sorry but he wouldn't be coming up today. He said he had just woken up and his back and hips were really bothering him. My dad has been told he needs back surgery but basically refuses to do it because it scares him.

I replied to his text and told him that I understood, I hope he feels better, and that I love him. After all, if his back and hips are already bothering him, a 45 minute drive isn't going to do him any good.

I know I hate doing things on Sunday, but I'm kind of bummed that he's not coming up. It's not so much that I miss him because I see him every other weekend. I think it's more that I know he is in a lot of pain and that is why he can't come up. I worry about him. He lives alone. But at least I know his next door neighbor comes over every day.

I hope that whenever he starts living with his current girlfriend, whether he moves out of state or she moves up here, that she takes care of him. If she doesn't she will quickly realize what pissed off daughter can do. Do not even think that if I found out that she wasn't taking care of him, that I wouldn't go out of state to bitch her the fuck out and take my dad home. Because I would. You do not fuck with my family. I'm highly protective of them. Just like they are highly protective of me. I don't care if I am pissed off at that particular family member, if I find out they are being fucked with I react. And really, the only people that fall under that category are my immediate family. My cousins and aunts and what not, not so much.

I think another reason why it bothers me is because I'm very close to my parents. It wasn't always like that. I mean I've always loved them but my dad kind of scared me when I was young and he was angry. And my mom and I butted heads a lot. But as I've gotten older I've gotten a lot closer with both of my parents. And when I see things like that it seriously bothers me because I have to realize that they are getting a little older and their health problems are starting to catch up with them more and more. They are only in their very early 50's but they have both but there bodies through a lot of punishment. And that just from the work they've done.

So I worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment