March 29, 2014

Nothing Important

Well, you may or may not have noticed... but I changed the font to the headers on my blog. I guess I just kind of got sick of the old one. I was trying to keep my mind busy tonight due to certain family related news I received today. I asked Master for permission to just kind of take over the computer and nerd out for a while. He said yes. He had absolutely no problems with it.

He knows that when I just want to nerd out I'm normally doing it to keep myself distracted and He knows I needed that right now.

And really the only nerding out I do anymore is fucking with my blog. So I looked through hundreds, and I do mean hundreds, of fonts available. I just wanted to change the font for the headers. I don't like stylized fonts for the actual body of the post because I think it makes it harder to read. I know that if I go to a blog or website and the body of the post is in an abnormal font I find it annoying and nine times out of ten I won't even bother reading it. If it's just the blog title, blog header, etc. it's not a huge deal to me. In fact I think such things can add a bit of flare and flavor to the blog.

Anyway, I had been using a font called Rock Salt. When I first applied it I loved it. I thought it looked a little edgy, ya know? But I just got sick of looking at it. I wanted something different. So I decided on using this one. It's called Risque. How appropriate of a font name for a blog like this, right? *laughs* I love it.

Then I searched for new avatars to use within the blog post itself. I haven't done that in ages, which I'm sure frequent readers have noticed. Hell, sometimes when I'm selecting one for that day's post I sigh and go, "Yeah I guess I'll use that one again."

I didn't save a lot of new ones. I chose and uploaded eighteen new avatars. I know I don't need to use them. And hell, for a very long time I didn't. But I think they add a bit of character to the post itself and I enjoy picking one out to insert before I start typing. Sometimes, oddly enough, when I'm scrolling through the ones I have one will catch my eye and actually jump start a blog post idea. I know that sounds really stupid, but it's true.

So yeah. I just wanted to hop on here and post about absolutely nothing of importance. Just a quick: "Hey! Look at the new font and stupid little avatar!"

No comments:

Post a Comment