March 17, 2014

Scattered & Unorganized

Yesterday I started putting up some things on e-bay for my dad. At one point I had to stop and get a hold of him to see what he wanted me to do as I had forgotten to obtain that tiny bit of information before we left. He told me he would get back to me Monday (today). So I waited around, and around, and around. I didn't hear anything and I figured that I would just keep waiting. Maybe something came up, etc. and so on.

As a result I decided to get something else done. I had recently realized how much random paper work I had just.. well... everywhere. If it wasn't in the folder, it was in the junk drawer. If it wasn't in the folder or the junk drawer, it was in the safe. If it wasn't in the folder, of the junk drawer, or the safe it was in random stupid as hell places. Why? Because I hold onto every damn piece of paper that I think is important or at least might be important at a future time. I had just shuffled them around and shoving the paper work somewhere where I knew it wouldn't be destroyed. I never went through them because I was either too tired from work or I didn't feel like doing it on the weekends because damn it I wanted to relax. Master never touches any of it because that's my job. I'm "in charge" of such things. I'm using the term "in charge" very loosely. Basically, it's my task.

Since I didn't have anything better to do I did it today. I didn't realize how big of a project it would turn out to be. Holy shit.

I dug through all of the drawers, the safe, and the folder I keep for such things. I would say I was digging through nothing but paperwork for a good 30 to 40 minutes. And that was just trying to separate them into piles.

This paper work is for x... this paper work is for y... this paper work is for z... and this is the "Why the fuck did I keep this?!" pile of paperwork. Lets just say that the "why the fuck did I keep this" paper work pile continued to grow the more I went through things. I had been sitting on the living room floor doing all of this and the dog was looking at me like I was nuts and seemed a bit confused as to why the hell I was on the floor and taking up all of "his space". He thinks he owns the living room floor. *laughs*

I couldn't believe how random all of it seemed. For instance one of the piles of paper work that was actually important was pieced together from papers I had been keeping in three different places. Yeah. That was well organized. Pft. Finally I was able to make sense of it all and then put all the important paper work in neat little piles and putting them where they should be. Although the mountain of paper work that I have no idea why I kept wasn't done with me yet. Oh no. Some of it had sensitive information on it that I now had to go through and tear off each damn piece of paper. Then once that was done I had to rip those up so that you couldn't tell what the information was let alone what order they went in. Master was kind enough to help me with that part. I think he felt a little sorry for me after He saw how much I had just sorted out. Seriously though, the "why the fuck did I keep this" paper work pile ended up damn near filling a small garbage bag. That is insane. Master made fun of me for that. He told me that I am not a pack rat but that I am paper rat. I hold onto everything just in case... I found papers from 2009 that I didn't need at all and had no idea why I was holding onto it. That's pretty damn bad.

And of course in the middle of doing all this paper sorting my dad sent me a text message with the information I needed for his e-bay stuff. That irritated me a bit because I was already in the middle of this little project of mine only to be reminded that I had quite a bit of stuff to do for him as well. I honestly don't mind helping him out. I was only annoyed at the time. Not at him or that I am helping him... Just annoyed.

Yes, all of this over paper work and e-bay. I eventually got to the e-bay stuff later as once I was done with the whole paper work situation Master had some important things He had to take care of on the computer, which is probably a good thing because I don't think I would have been too patient while creating the listings at that exact point in time.

Although I am glad that I got that done. It was way over due and it was important. I feel like I got something accomplished. Now it is all where it should be. All I have to do is stay on top of it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment