March 7, 2014

Inner Night Owl

Well, I got some good news today... or yesterday... whatever. I'm making this post a little after midnight. I called unemployment to see if they had made a decision on whether or not I was approved for unemployment and I was! I'm honestly amazed at how nice people are on the unemployment assistance line. I don't know why I thought they would be dicks but so far everyone I have talked to has been extremely helpful and pleasant to speak with. Last week was what they call a "wait week", which basically means that I will not be receiving a payment for that week. It was my first full week of being unemployed. However, once I file my weekly claim this upcoming Sunday I should receive a payment early next week. That took a lot off of my mind. Last night I had gone to bed earlier than I have been since being fired and it was because my stomach was upset. I didn't feel sick and I didn't really understand why my stomach felt like it was doing flips so I figured I would just sleep it off.

This morning when I woke up and after I called unemployment it dawned on me that it was because I realized I wouldn't be getting a paycheck next Friday. Never mind I know that I'm no longer working and have been sitting at home for the past two weeks. I'm not sure why all of a sudden my brain decided to bring that to my attention. I told Master about it. He said I am to tell Him such things when they happen and I quickly explained that I didn't even know why my stomach felt like that until this morning. He understood since that does happen to me from time to time. I hate that about myself but there isn't much I can do about it.

At least now I know for sure that I will be getting the unemployment rather than sitting here for three weeks, like they had originally quoted me, before finding out their decision. It feels like a giant weight being lifted off of my shoulders.

Since I have been fired I noticed that my inner night owl is in high gear. I haven't been going to bed any earlier than 2am. The latest I've stayed up is about 4:30am. I figure that I don't really have any reason to go to bed at a half way decent time and Master is no longer enforcing a bed time since I no longer have a 45 minute drive waiting for me in the morning.

I can do my job searches at any point, as well as apply to jobs, so there is really no need for me to get up at 6am every day. *shrugs* Then again I'm not really sleeping in all that late given what time I'm going to bed. And if I need to get up to do something I still set the alarm and get up. No biggie. I've always said that I'm a night owl and this just proves it. Oddly enough I'm still hoping for a first shift job. I'm applying to second shift jobs as well. I haven't seen any third shift jobs that I would qualify for though. Other wise I'd apply to those as well.

Aside from running the errands that need to be done, doing the normal daily stuff, and applying to jobs I have just been trying to keep my mind busy. I have quickly realized that I don't have any real hobbies. I never had time for them before. And now that I do have time I can't really think of anything I want to do. Apparently I'm rather fucking boring. Who knew.

I read one of the books we have. We have quite a few actually, and there is one that I haven't read all of the way. But I don't really feel like reading it. In fact, once I was done with the one I just finished I didn't really feel like reading any of the books we have. *shrugs* Not sure why.

Really, the only "hobby" I've had is coding and tweaking code. I don't have anything to do that with except this blog. And I just tweaked some of the coding with this blog not that long ago. And I like the way it is. So... that's out. Master doesn't blog anymore and hasn't for at least two years now.. probably longer... so there is no need to code anything for Him. There is no need for me to create a new blog as this one covers everything.

As a result I'm basically filling the free time I do have with watching things on Netflix and You Tube. I also check my social media stuff and play little mini games on my cell phone.

Gas prices are high and since the income has now dropped significantly it's not like I can just go for a drive and it's not nice enough out yet to go for a walk or just sit outside. Even though I hate hearing our neighbors and there isn't really much to do on the porch I would love to just sit outside for a while. I would also love to go on long walks with Master and our mutt.

My dad did say that he wants to come up in a couple of weeks, so that will be something to break up the routine a bit. My brother also stated that he wants to come up sometime soon, he just doesn't know when it will be feasible.

My mother-in-law wants us to come down to visit but as I pointed out, the gas prices are not allowing that. My sister-in-law stated that I should enjoy the down time. I guess I see where she is coming from since I had been wanting an extended break from work, but not like this. And the stress levels are making it pretty impossible to actually enjoy the down time. I don't really find being unemployed enjoyable. I know she meant well though. It's not like I'm mad about it or anything.

*sigh* Oh well. I've rambled on here enough for now.

4 comments:

  1. hello! would you volunteer to keep yourself busy? having something to stimulate your mind with is rubbish, could you Finnish that course you were doing a few years ago? Or get a bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may seem like I'm just making excuses, but I'm honestly telling the truth... I would most definitely volunteer for a worth while cause. However they are either too far away as they are not on a bus line or it is too expensive in gas, or they require personal medical insurance in order to volunteer there. (Meaning the local humane society.) I haven't taken a course since I was 24 and no that is not an option. A bike costs money that we simply do not have. The purse strings are going to be tighter than they have been in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like it's going to be hard for you two, but i'm sure you'll make it through like you have done. some volunteer places pay expenses like gas money - i'm not being judey, just saying - you can find places that will do expenses and it can be good to do, like give you experience in a different area or just fun or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it will be difficult but we always get through one way or another. I have looked into a few other volunteer places and they do not cover such things as they are non-profit but I will look into that. Thank you for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete