May 2, 2012

Clean Up Pretty Nice

Normally at my job we have an extremely relaxed dress code. We wear jeans and t-shirts basically. Well, today and tomorrow we have clients coming through the building so we have to dress in professional attire. No big deal. Thankfully I actually have some now thanks to my mother. She had originally bought them for me in order for me to go on job interviews. Well, the job hunt is on hold for right now. Either way though, I have some really nice professional clothing. So that came in handy today and will again tomorrow. It was rather odd, honestly, getting dressed this morning. Thankfully I picked out my outfit last night before I went to bed, so I wouldn't have to fumble around in the closet and possibly wake up Master. It was just so weird.

But I do have to say that I clean up rather nicely. You know, when I'm dressed regularly, you see my ink and what not and most people judge me immediately. Some people think I'm some punk "kid". I say kid because some people still think I'm in my early 20's. I'm 29, and no that's not old, but still. For an example I was down by my mother's not that long ago and we were bumming around. Mom ran into a woman she knows and they talked for a little bit. It was a quick, "Hi, how are you?" kind of thing. I held back and just as quickly as it started the conversation was finished. My mom told me yesterday that she ran into that same person today. That lady had asked who I was. My mom of course explained that I'm her daughter. The lady asked how old I was (odd question) and Mom told her. Her response? "She doesn't look a day over 20."

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just explaining that some people still think that I'm just out of high school when they see me.

But when I'm dressed nice I look like a totally different person. At least to me.

You can't see my ink or anything. It's just weird to see myself in dress pants and a nice top.

Master kind of gave me shit about it today when I got home. He was outside talking to some neighbors and came to meet me on the sidewalk as I walked up. He poked fun at me a little bit.

The one thing that really sucks about having to dress nice right now is that it's hot out. And because I can't wear short sleeve shirts I was roasting at my cubicle because they couldn't figure out the damn air conditioning. It was hot the first three hours. Then it was cold for two hours. Then it went right back to being hot in there. Fucking hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment