May 23, 2012

The Little Things In Life

The other day when Master held out His hand so I would catch up and grab it I smiled and looked up at Him. He smiled and looked at me and said, "It's the simple things, like holding hands..."

I couldn't help but smile wider and agree. We show each other, and tell each other, that we love one another all the time. It's a constant. We have never gone a day in the past nine years where we haven't said I love you. Even the days where we were fighting or I was spinning out of control, we still said it.

You need to hear and feel these things. Yes, I know that He loves me and He knows that I love Him. But that shouldn't be where it ends. At least not in my opinion. You shouldn't have to just settle for knowing it. You should be able to also hear and feel it.

Whether it just be a loving look, holding hands, hugging, kissing... just saying it. However it's done, it matters. I know not every couple says it ever day. Hell, I know a few couples like that. Is there something wrong with that? No, apparently not for them. And that's great. Whatever works for you and you are comfortable with.

But me? I prefer to hear it and feel it as well, as does Master.

We're not clingy. Well, early on in our relationship Master told me at one point that I was being clingy. I took a step back and realized that yes, I was in fact being clingy. That's all it took. I chilled the hell out.

But some people would probably look at how we are and either say we're obsessed with one another or we're clingy.

We don't like spending a lot of time apart. Work is one thing. But when we're both home and able to be with one another we don't like separating like that. Like the night I stayed in when He went to go sit with neighbors. I stayed back to get myself together in far as my submission goes. And that's a good thing. But I stayed in past that since it was close to the time I had to take the dog out. It felt really, really weird not having Him near me when I knew He was just outside. Later on that night when we got back in the apartment after hanging out with the neighbors He admitted that it was also really weird for Him to not have me at His side knowing I was home.

See, that scenario alone would make people think we're nuts. Most couples value their alone time. We find it uncomfortable.

Yet we can both be in the apartment doing our own thing and we're perfectly fine because we know that the other is in the apartment. Never mind the fact that the night He went outside and I didn't we were maybe a whole minute's walk from one another. It's just odd how we work I guess. Well, it seems normal now after so many years.

Obsessed? Maybe. We're just so... I don't even know how to describe it... Ugh. I hate it when I can't think of a way to describe something. Then again there are just some things you can't describe with words. You have to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment