May 27, 2012

Sunday

We were woken up today by a phone call from His mother. She called at 7:20am this morning and the minute Master saw her name on the caller ID we figured something was wrong since no one ever calls us that early in the morning without it being either an emergency or extremely important. It turned out that she had woken up to her cat incredibly ill. I won't get too graphic but it sounded really bad. While this is really sad news, we were both surprised that she called us because of this. Personally, my first reaction would to have gotten in the car and drive to the closest emergency vet in the area. But my mother-in-law does not really handle things well and her first instinct is to call people. He didn't really have any advice for her but to take her cat to the vet. She said she was going to and then they got off the phone. I was only half awake while this conversation was going on so Master filled me in a bit more. I ended up drifting back off to sleep afterward.

I know that may sound really bad. But there wasn't anything I could do.

I woke up fully shortly there after. Master and I talked for a little while and chilled in the living room. Around 11:20am my mother-in-law called back. She had to put her cat down. Apparently her cat was a severe diabetic and nobody knew. His mom said that she had been losing a lot of weight but figured it was a good thing since her cat was very much overweight to begin with.

I know it's really hard to put an animal down. I've had to go through it a total of three times. Twice I wasn't in the room (my parents would not allow it) but I knew it was going to happen and the last time I was in the room. It is heart breaking and devastating each and every time. But it's either live with the chance that you may have to go through it again, or not have an animal. Me? I'd rather have an animal in my life and enjoy every moment while I can.

Obviously we weren't going down to His mother's today. I know we didn't want to go down to begin with but it is a really shitty reason as to why we weren't.

However, since we had been planning on going down when it came time that we would have actually left we weren't really sure what to do with ourselves. Does anyone else experience that when you have plans to do something but they are cancelled for whatever reason?

We just relaxed in the apartment but a little while ago Master wanted to venture out and see what was going on with our neighbors. I wasn't really up for it. But it wasn't like last time where we were already kind of pissy with one another. So there was no arguing about it or hurt feelings. Master understood that I didn't really want to venture out yet and I understood that He wanted to get out of the apartment for a little while.

So while He is out there I'm just doing my blog post and listening to random music I like on You Tube while I do so.

I know that I was talking about not liking being apart when we're both home not that long ago. That still holds true but since we weren't arguing to begin with this time it's an, "Oh. Okay. See You in a little while love."

He may venture back in at some point. I may make my way out there at some point. *shrugs* Either way.


No comments:

Post a Comment