May 29, 2012

Laughing = Stress Relief

Last night it was really rough going to bed at a decent hour. It had been such a great extended weekend, I didn't want it to end. Master was kind and allowed me to stay up a little later than usual for a work night. He was even nicer about it and came to tuck me in when I went to bed. I was all settled in our bed, under the covers, waiting for Him. I smiled when I saw Him walk in the door. He laid down on the bed, on top of the covers. He wrapped His arm around me and I cuddled up to Him, resting my head on His chest. We stayed like that for a little while. He then kissed my forehead and told me goodnight. He closed the door behind Him, I rolled onto my side and fell asleep eventually.

Getting up to an alarm after four days is a bitch by the way.

The work day went by very quickly but it still felt like a long day. So by the time I got into the car to come home I was stressed and sore. The other people in the carpool yammered on about bars and drinking, so I just tuned it out. I've been getting more quiet during the carpool lately. Mainly because I have absolutely nothing to add to it. All they talk about is drinking, bars and things they do when they are drunk.

I've never been much of a drinker and now I can't really drink due to the medications that I'm on. If I do drink, it's a few sips out of whatever Master is drinking. So I figure it's just best to be quiet and look out the window for the 45 minute drive home.

When I was dropped off I started walking to our apartment and next thing I know Master is standing up so I can see Him over the hedge. He was over at our neighbor's porch. He flagged me down and I said I'd be over in a minute. I walked in, dropped off my purse, used the bathroom, grabbed a soda and went back out.

We were only over there for about 20 minutes and then everyone went their own ways to go eat dinner. Master grilled center cut pork chops. It was delicious. Shortly after we were done eating we went back outside. There were quite a few of the neighborhood clan out. So we went over by them. It's rather rare during the work week that everyone hangs out like that but there we were.

We were cracking jokes and having a great time. I'm becoming more social the more I get used to it. I was laughing so hard. It was great. I think I surprised a few people with some of the jokes I was making. It wasn't in a bad way. I guess they just aren't used to girls making those kind of jokes. Master was quick to explain that I tend to think more like a guy in regards to my humor and what not.

It was only about a half hour ago that we actually came back inside. I'm glad we went out there though. I needed the stress relief and I know that Master had a lot of fun as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment