May 12, 2012

Freebies

I know damn well I've talked about how frugal and/or cheap I am. I'm always excited about a good deal, ya know?

Well yesterday I came home from work and I discovered that we suddenly had patio furniture. I was shocked, to say the least. I've never had patio furniture. It is two chairs, a loveseat sized bench and a table. The chairs and loveseat have cushions. They are really comfortable. But like I said I was shocked. I knew damn well Master didn't just go out and buy them. Needless to say He told me about it while I still had the "what the fuck" look on my face.

One of our neighbors is moving from her apartment into another apartment in the complex in order to live with her boyfriend. Apparently she was getting rid of some of her things since he already had furniture, etc. So she gave it to us for free. Rock on! They aren't brand new or anything but it is a nice set. So for the first time in my adult life I now have patio furniture! All we have is a slab of concrete and a little bit of grass but we have patio furniture! I'm very happy. We've already enjoyed sitting outside and just talking. Before when we would sit out there it was just on the concrete step. It was still nice but not very comfortable after a while.

Then today we went to my mother's house to celebrate mother's day. While we were down there we were telling her about our "new" patio furniture and she was really happy for us. We said we just wish we had a charcoal grill. For the longest time we didn't think we could have one here. We've been living here for over seven years and this entire time we thought it would be allowed. Well, apparently we can. So that's what put the idea in our head.

My mother said that they had a spare one. It is a small one. It's a little bit bigger than a camping size charcoal grill. We were so happy! She had bought a bigger one not that long ago. I thought she had gotten rid of the small one so I had never asked about it. But she kept it and now it's ours!

So tonight we went outside and sat on our patio furniture while Master cooked brats on the grill. Perfect way to end a Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment