May 22, 2012

Not Feeling Well

I'm a little annoyed today. I wasn't planning on not feeling well. Last night Master and I grabbed McDonald's for dinner. Everything tasted fine. It was about a half hour later that I started to not feel all that well. So I asked Master if I could use the bathroom when I needed to. When I'm not feeling well it's just easier to ask for that than to ask each time I feel like I need to. Plus, it also lets Him know that I am really not feeling well at all. He of course gave the permission. We were in the middle of watching Skeleton Key on Netflix (a movie I really like) when it hit. I thought maybe it was just gas. Nope.

When I got into the bathroom I got really, really sick. Just when I thought it was over it would hit me all over again.

By the time I felt it was safe to venture back into the living room I was shaking pretty bad. Since I'm hypoglycemic I tend to shake quite a bit after I throw up. Let alone get as sick as I did. I had to lean against the wall when I was walking I was shaking so badly.

I grabbed a throw blanket and laid down on the couch. I was planning on just getting comfortable and hoping that I wouldn't get sick again. Well, I didn't get sick again because I fell asleep.

Master had allowed me to sleep on the couch until the end of the movie at which time He woke me up so I could take my medications and go lay down in our bed.

I promptly passed out when my head hit the pillow.

So why am I annoyed? Well, getting that sick sucks ass. Add to that the fact that when I got up this morning I was still pretty shaky. I took the dog out and then went into the bathroom to brush my hair and brush my teeth. Well I got to the brushing my hair part when I felt ill again. Sure enough I threw up again. Son. Of. A. Bitch.

I sat there for a little while and still felt dizzy and nauseous. So I decided that it would be best to just go back to bed and sleep it off, hopefully. So I sent a text to the driver of my carpool to let her know I didn't need a ride and then called my supervisor.

I didn't want to skip out of work today. I'm not worried about getting behind so much as I didn't want to burn a vacation day. But we don't get sick days, just personal time (which is unpaid) and vacation days (which are paid). Well, I couldn't afford losing a whole days worth of pay so I burned one of the vacation days. *sigh*

When I got back to bed I accidentally woke Master up. He told me what time it was and asked if I was okay. I said that I still wasn't feeling well and was staying home. He simply said, "Okay baby," and cuddled up next to me and we fell back asleep. He woke up at 7:15am apparently and He allowed me to sleep until 10:30am. I was still shaky when I got up so I ate a little something.

I've felt off most of the day but after dinner I finally started to feel better and my stomach didn't fight back, which is a good thing.

So back to work tomorrow and Thursday. Then on Friday I have off and the following Monday I have off due to the office being closed for Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment