May 5, 2012

What To Do

When I was growing up in my hometown I quickly realized that it was boring as hell. A constant complaint was "There's nothing to do!" I think every teenager says that. But after awhile, aside from going to see a movie or hang out in a park there didn't seem to be a lot to do. As I got older I would think to myself, "Well, if I move to a different city it'll be better. There will be more to do there."

Well, two years into our relationship I moved in with Master. He lived two counties away from my home town. And at first, there did seem to be more to do. Still go see movies and stuff but we'd just go out to go out. Everything was new and exciting on different levels. I was also only 22 years old at that time so I could go to bars and all that. So that was also new to me. Master had lived here a rather long time by the time I moved up but since everything was new and exciting to me, He enjoyed showing me things and taking me places.

I've been living here for seven years now. And nope, it's back to how it was when I was growing up. Been there. Done that.

But I've come to accept the fact that it will always be that way. We could move into a different city and at first it would be new, there would be things to do where ever we looked. Why? Because we hadn't been to those particular places or done those particular things. But then you've lived there for an extended period of time and guess what? Yep, it's back to that whole "What do you wanna do?" ... "I don't know, what do you want to do?"

You try and think of something, one person suggests something and the other doesn't like the idea or you both think of something and quickly realize that no, that doesn't sound like any fun at all.

We were actually doing that today. We were trying to think of something to do. No movies are playing that we want to see, so that was out. Bars don't sound any fun. I can't drink due to my medications and Master isn't a big drinker anyway. We didn't want to go out to eat. We have food in the house so why bother?

We thought, briefly, of inviting one of our few remaining friends up but then we threw that idea out the window. He is the one getting married in November. So we knew that if he did come up either one of two things were going to happen.

One: He would come up by himself and then just yammer on about the wedding.

Two: He would come up with his fiance and we'd just hear about the wedding.

Now, it's not that we think people shouldn't be excited about their upcoming wedding. You should be. We were about ours. But, the problem is that we really, really do not like his fiance. She doesn't really like us either. I don't think she's very happy about the idea of Master being a best man. But oh well.

Well, if she doesn't like us, why would she come up, right? Because she thinks that we are a bad influence on her husband-to-be. So she may just want to come up to make sure we don't taint him further.

Another question may be then why are we going to the wedding if we don't like the bitch. Well, he is Master's friend since high school. He's been there for Master. And he's been there for both of us. So we will go. 

Anyway, we couldn't really think of anything to do. We both wanted to take our dog for a walk but it was too chilly out. We thought about sitting on the patio with him but cancelled that idea for the same reason. We don't want to get sick and we don't want to get our dog sick.

So we simply went for a short drive just to get out of the apartment. Since then we've been talking and watching Netflix.

I hope the weather is better tomorrow. I really would love going for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment