May 17, 2012

Neighborly

Not that long ago Master started being more social with our neighbors. I was hesitant at first. Not because I hate our neighbors but because I have never been friends with my neighbors, no matter where I lived.

But this past weekend He and I had sat outside and socialized a bit. I realized that I actually really like some of our neighbors that Master talks to. So it wasn't all that bad. The only down side I see, as this past weekend has already proven, is that whenever we're outside if one of them are they want to come over and talk or ask us to come over to their porch. But we're still "new" (even though we've lived far longer than any of them have) so I think that it'll wear off a little bit as time goes on.

This morning when my alarm went off I didn't feel well at all. As soon as I got into the living room and started throwing on pajama pants long enough to take the dog out I realized that I wasn't going to work today. I felt like hell. So after I stumbled my way outside to take the dog out I sat down at the computer, took an allergy pill,  and sent a text to the carpool I'm in to let them know I wouldn't be going in. Then I called my supervisor. After that I promptly took the pajama pants back off and went back to bed.

The second time I woke up it was because Master woke me up. Apparently it was 9:30am already. Allergy pills knock me the hell out. He told me He tried waking me earlier but I didn't respond. I figure I just needed the rest.

I didn't feel all that great until about mid afternoon, so I'm glad that I stayed home from work.

However, once I started feeling better and the allergy meds I took fully kicked in we sat outside and talked to our neighbors for a little while. I was comfortable in a pair of jeans, sneakers, one of Master's t-shirts and one of His hoodies over the t-shirt. I've noticed that whenever I don't feel well, no matter the reason, I tend to put on Master's clothing. It's like a security blanket I guess.

I was a little out of it due to the allergy medications but I did have a good time with our neighbors. Well, there are some that I like and have a good time talking to and then there are a few that I instinctively do not like. Does anyone else experience that? You've only just met the person or only "hung out" with them once or twice and you immediately know that you do not like that person at all? It doesn't happen to me often but there are two neighbors here that I just do not like. They haven't done anything to me... I just don't like them. I still play nice though.

It sounds like this Saturday a bunch of them are getting together just to chill and have a good time. We will probably stop by although I don't know for how long.

No comments:

Post a Comment