November 1, 2014

November

Well, my favorite holiday of the year has come and gone. Unfortunately it was highly uneventful. To say I'm disappointed is a bit of an understatement. We had plans to dress up and go trick or treating with family. This is due to the fact that my father hadn't asked for our assistance to do his haunted house like we normally do. *shrug* But when we woke up yesterday morning there was snow on the ground. A few hours later all of the snow was gone but the temperature was still really low. Not low for Wisconsin but low for Halloween. Apparently it was the coldest Halloween since 1996 for us. It was in the mid 30s. It wouldn't have been so bad had it not been for the really high winds that actually had the lake doing about 20ft waves, if not higher. I mean the wind was strong. There were a few times when I left the house that I had to lean into it because it felt like it was pushing me.

Due to all of this we cancelled the plans to go trick or treating. We didn't want anyone getting sick and we really didn't think a lot of people would be out and about doing trick or treat anyway. Not when it was like that. We didn't even bother to watch a horror movie. It just didn't feel like Halloween at all.

So now here we sit. It's now November. It was the worst Halloween I've had in a very long time. I'm truly hoping that next year is a hell of a lot better.

But now that it is November I'm hoping even more to hear about that job sooner rather than later. They had said that the job would start in the middle of November, but that if they could get someone in sooner that would be ideal.

I told Master that I hope I hear from them some time this upcoming week. I know that they only started the background check this past Wednesday, but this is how I get when I'm past the second interview and I'm waiting to hear back from them to see if I have the job or not. But all I can do is keep a close eye on my e-mails and have my cell phone at my side as much as possible.

Master's ribs are still bothering Him. Some days are better than others. You can tell that it's not nearly as bad as it was the day after it happened. I know that bruised ribs take a long time to heal as well.

The weather isn't helping either of us. My joints and shoulders are bothering me and Master's sinuses are ready to explode in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment