November 27, 2014

Handmade Collar

As some of you may know, I haven't been able to wear a collar since January 3rd, 2012. Not because of any punishment but because of my metal allergy. I've had several collars over the years until I "graduated" to the eternity collar that I had for a very long time. Somewhere along the lines, while I was still wearing the eternity collar, Master also bought me an eternity cuff. As of the date previously mentioned though something happened to where I was getting that all too familiar rash from my nickel allergy. I was highly upset. To this day, however, I am still wearing the cuff. Weird. But after I took off the eternity collar Master and I both agreed that buying another one didn't make much sense. Some jobs wouldn't want me to wear it, I'm sure, and with it being an allen screw I wouldn't be able to really take it off by myself. Well, that and it would be a real pain in the ass process every morning before I went to work and every night when I got home.

Anyway... that was the reasoning. Not to mention the price.

Since I started making paracord bracelets and key chains I've getting pretty damn good about it. I made myself a bracelet and Master two of them, one of them with a charm of the infinity symbol.

Shortly there after, a couple of nights ago if my memory is correct, Master had mentioned how since I could make bracelets and key chains out of paracord I might be able to make myself a collar out of one. After all there is absolutely no metal, so there is nothing to irritate my skin.

Last night while I was taking my bath I was sitting there trying to figure out how to pull it off. I already knew that the length I would need would be longer than the jig I have for making the bracelets. But I knew I could pull it off. I also wanted to put the same infinity symbol that I put on His bracelet on the collar. Well, it's more of a choker but at this point there really isn't a difference.

After I got out of the bath I asked Master to help me measure the size I would need on my neck. He was smiling when I told Him that I wanted to make myself one. He suggested that I put the infinity symbol on it which made me laugh because that thought had already crossed my mind and I hadn't mentioned it to Him yet.

Once I had the measurements I got all of the supplies together and started making it. I used the same colored cord that I did for my bracelet. It is a red and black weave, which are my two favorite colors. (Yes, I know that black is not technically a color.)

The bracelet that I made for Master with the infinity symbol is black and purple but He said it was okay if I made the choker/collar out of the red and black weave so it would match my bracelet.

I am not kidding you when I say that I had to make this thing three times. At first I made it too small, so I had to take it all apart and start over again. Thankfully I hadn't cut it yet and had plenty of cord so I didn't have to cut off new pieces. The second time I made it that it fit but it was more like a regular necklace rather than a choker. So once again I took it apart and finally I got it right! *sigh* That took forever. But it is done and I absolutely love it. Master does too.

It has been far too long since I've had something around my neck. Thankfully the charm, which is metal, doesn't touch my skin at all because it is weaved into the front of the paracord. The buckle is plastic.

So while I finally have something around my neck again it isn't something that Master can pull me around by. The plastic buckle would just open or even worse, break. But I am still happy as is He.

No comments:

Post a Comment