November 15, 2014

Sold!

Yesterday Master and I went to visit with my father for a little while. And of course that bitch from Arizona was there since now she is apparently living with my father for good. Yay. Not.

It honestly kind of seemed like a waste of gas. All we really did was watch TV and I showed Dad how to use his new tablet. We joked around a bit here and there but that was about it. Master did mention to my dad that I am now making paracord bracelets and key chains. So my dad asked to see the ones I made for Master and myself. We showed him and my dad thought it was pretty cool. The bitch from Arizona really liked the one I made for myself which is a black and red weave. She wanted to try mine on. I so badly wanted to say no but I was trying to be nice since a) my dad is "dating" her and b) we were in my dad's house. So I let her try it on. It was too small for her which doesn't really surprise me because my wrists are pretty tiny. But she told me she wants that exact same one in her size. My dad looked at her and said, "Well when you have the money for it you can buy one."

I don't know if he expected me to chime in saying that I would make it for free but I didn't. *shrugs* I'll make one for her if she'll pay for it. I may not like the bitch but that doesn't mean I won't take her money. That would be rather stupid of me. We shall see. If she brings it up the next time I see her and she doesn't try to pay me I'll simply say I forgot or I need to buy more of that color.. I don't know. I'll think of something.

Anyway..

I made my first sale today! A woman contacted me asking me to make her two key chains and one bracelet. She didn't know what size she would need so I just made three identical ones of different sizes. I figured that after she picks out the one that fits her I'll just sell the other two. No biggie. So we met up today and she loves them. Rock on. This may sound stupid as hell but I was rather giddy about it.

Afterward Master and I went to splurge a little bit. It's the first bit of money that we hadn't planned on in a very long time. And every now and then you have to splurge at least a little bit. Nothing major. As a result Master and I went to a store and I ended up picking up all of the Saw movies in one collection for $10. Sweet. Master really doesn't like those movies but I do. I asked Him if it was okay if I bought it. He said yes. Normally when He doesn't like a movie and I know damn well He doesn't like it I don't even bother asking. But this time I really wanted it. I still asked and if He had said no I would have just bought something else but He was nice and said yes.

Something odd happened today though...

Yesterday I made a little page about my paracord bracelets and key chains so that if people ask I can just send them over there. It includes pictures of ones I have already made, a list of the colors I have "in stock", and instructions on how to size your wrist for a bracelet.

Somehow or another my mother-in-law saw it and actually started commenting on one of the pictures asking me questions. At first I wasn't sure if she knew it was me or not. After all she hasn't spoken to us since before we moved, which was the very first week of September. That verbal battle her and Master got into was pretty nasty. I had stayed out of it as I always do but since she doesn't want to talk to Him she doesn't talk to me either. She used to try and get me to plead her case when Master and I were first married but I don't play that shit and she quickly realized that. As a result when Master and her are not talking, by default her and I are not talking. Fine by me.

Anyway, in one of the comments on the pictures she asked if I could private message her a picture of the clasps. I thought that was a bit odd but okay. The thing of it is though is that I didn't message her from the page I made for my paracord. I messaged her from my private account. I sent her the picture and gave her the little bit of information she wanted. That way if she didn't know before that it was me, she did as soon as she received the message.

That was all last night. Today I finally got a response from her and it was very business like. No "hi how are you" or anything. Just business. So I responded in kind. Now she wants me to make two bracelets. She told me what colors she wanted and what sizes she needed. She then asked me if she sent me a check for "x" amount if that would cover the price of the two bracelets as well as shipping costs.

*blinks*

Honestly it was the shipping costs that kind of floored me. You can tell that woman is still royally pissed if she doesn't even want to meet up for the bracelets. She only lives 20 minutes away now that we moved. But nope. She wants to mail me a check and then for me to mail her the two bracelets. Fine by me.

I told her in the private messaging that I would wait for the check to come in the mail and then I would mail her the bracelets.

Master is rather upset with her right now. Well, in addition to everything else it comes across as her "punishing" me by not speaking to me except for about the bracelets. I understand what He is saying. Honestly though it doesn't bother me. Do I think it's rude? Fuck yes. Do I think it's fucking retarded? Oh yeah. But honestly I would rather that than for her to try and manipulate me into giving her information about her son, my Husband, while they aren't talking. Fuck that noise.

2 comments:

  1. Look up paracord Christmas ornaments :) There's several nice and free videos on YouTube. Might as well take advantage of the holidays, right?

    For Valentines day, there's the Knotty Love Owls and Solomans Heart knots.
    For St Patricks day, lots of green
    Pastels for Easter

    See where I'm going with it?

    Also, don't forget sports teams. Whatever teams are popular near you, buy the colors and sell the bracelets accordingly. Just be sure that if you use charms to only use licensed charms, because while the chance is super small, the big corporations can swoop in and destroy little people for illegally selling things with logos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about looking into Christmas ornaments to make. I gotcha. I have been making two kinds for the two football teams who are huge in this area. I haven't made anything with charms yet. Just the colors.

      Delete