November 2, 2014

Laptop!!!!

I'm not due for a post today. I'm not due for one until tomorrow. However, something awesome happened today so I wanted to due a quick post about it. Well, it's awesome to me anyway. Unfortunately it doesn't have to do with the job I'm waiting to hear back from. Nope. This is completely unrelated.

Master and I use to have our own computers in the house. But at one point one of them died so we were down to one computer. We said we would buy another one so we could both have our own computers again but while we were saving up and waiting for a good deal the second computer died. As a result the thought of buying a second computer was abandoned. We simply had to buy one because we didn't have any at all now. And that's what we did. Unfortunately at the time there wasn't a good sale going on either so we paid more than we wanted.

And it has been like that since. If I am remembering correctly it happened shortly after we were married. So we've only had one computer for about seven years, give or take a few months. We could just never justify the price of buying a second computer when we could use the money for other things. At the time a second computer seemed more of a luxury.

We both spend quite a bit of time on the computer when we're at home. He has His projects that He has going on as well as games and social networking. I have this blog, social networking, and games as well. So sometimes when we are both home it does get a little annoying for one or both of us when we are waiting on the other to get off the computer mean while not wanting to rush one another.

Ugh.

Then a year ago or so I got a smart phone which is basically a mini computer. I used it a lot simply for the things I would use the computer for. Admittedly if it is just something really quick it is a lot more convenient but since being unemployed I have basically been using it 90% of the time. Really the only time I was using the computer was to do my blog post.

But now we have two computers again!

YAY!!!!!

My mother had been looking for a new laptop for herself because her old one was getting pretty bad before finally crashing yesterday. Lo and behold there was an amazing sale on a laptop today at Best Buy. She asked if I wanted to go with her. Hey, sure why not.

I went with and amazingly she told the employee to grab two of them. I looked at her a little weird and she told me that it is my very early Christmas present. She wanted me to have my very own laptop so that neither of us had to worry about who was online when and we could both be browsing at the same time, without me trying to do it all on my phone.

When I got home I got everything set up. It took a little while. Thankfully Windows 8.1 isn't as horrible as I thought it would be. This is the first laptop I've ever owned in my life. I'm loving it.

Master is happy for me. He is also happy that I won't constantly be on my phone. He would prefer me to use a computer of some kind. So now I have my laptop and Master has the desk top computer which is still in awesome shape. Once I get a job we'll probably buy a replacement though. Just so Master has a new computer just like I do now.

I also got a really slick looking wireless mouse. It's blue. *grins*

I'm giddy and being extremely careful with it. *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment