November 5, 2014

Disrespectful

This post isn't really about anything in particular. It's just random things that have happened in the past couple of days.

It has been a full week since that place I applied to started the background check on me. They had told me that it can take anywhere from seven to fourteen days. So I'm sitting on pins and needles about it, keeping my phone on me at all times. I'm really hoping to hear from them soon. And obviously I'm hoping to hear that I got the job. I'll know when I know and I won't be contacting them about it any time soon. I figure that it will come across as bothering them. *shrugs* So that's all I can do. Sit. Wait. Repeat.

Yesterday my brother contacted me asking if we were bored. Yep. We were. So he asked me if we would want to go to see a movie. Sure, which one? He wanted to see Annabelle. I had no problem with it but I thought Master wouldn't want to go because He hates porcelain dolls. They creep Him out. Surprisingly He said He would go. I think it was more out of boredom than anything. We got there super early like we always do but we got awesome seats. Thankfully, because the movie has been out for a while now, there were only a few other people there. I always prefer it that way. It is a lot less likely to be annoyed by other people there if it isn't jam packed.

I can't say that the movie was great. But there were a lot of jump scares. I mean old time horror movie type jump scares. You know the ones where it does a very sudden loud noise along with something visual that is very sudden? Yeah. That kind. And they were cheap jump scares at that. However, we all had a lot of fun because we were laughing at each other and ourselves. It has been a very long time since any of us have literally jumped during a scene like that in a movie. The first jump scare they had we all jumped pretty badly. *laughs*

It's always fun to go see a movie with Master and my brother. We've done it several times over the years. 

After that was done we had dinner. My brother went home and Master and I chilled the rest of the night. It was nice to get out of the house and to have some fun.

Today however was annoying. I had got a new cell phone earlier this year. At the time I bought it I also bought a new cell phone case. I hate having a cell phone without a case on it. Especially with how thin smart phones are these days, I just feel better with having a case on it. Well about a month and a half ago the phone just popped out of the case while I was using it. What the fuck? The phone dropped but thankfully didn't break. I figured it was a fluke so I just popped it back into the case and thought nothing of it. Since then it has happened a couple more times. This last time I finally had enough and I called the store where I bought the phone and case at. I asked if I could exchange it. They said I could trade it for the same one. I asked if I could just get a store credit towards a different one instead because I didn't want the same one due to the problems I've had with this one. They said it wouldn't be a problem.

So I got a hold of my mom to see if she would come with because her name is the one on the account. It's a family plan so that everyone saves money. She had no problem with that. We get over there and I very nicely talk to an associate there. He told me that they can't give me store credit. I informed him of what I had been told on the phone and he said he would be back in a moment and that he would check on it for me.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I wait, and wait, and wait some more.

He comes back over and tells me that since my phone is last years model they no longer carry accessories for it, but their website does. Okay, that's great. Did you talk to someone about the store credit? No...

Seriously? That was the whole reason you walked away in the first place. If you weren't checking on it what the fuck were you doing for so long? I immediately asked for a store manager. I was pissed but I remained calm.

The store manager comes over and the employee I had been dealing with stands right behind him. I start to explain the situation. As soon as I bring up the fact that the employee had told me he was going to check on it for me and came back and hadn't I was cut off by the other employee. He starts cutting me off and talking over me. I had enough. I started swearing and telling him to allow me to finish talking and that he was basically calling me a liar when I'm not. Meanwhile the store manager is just standing there allowing this employee to be disrespectful to me. I then turn my attention to the store manager and ask him basically what he is going to do about it.

Long story short they told me that all they could do was ship me a free phone case that was the exact one I have now. I explained I didn't want it. They basically told me I was lying about what the person told me on the phone and that I was lying about what the employee had said. I was getting so pissed off that my voice was literally shaking. I had my last word and walked out. My mom stayed behind because it is her name on the account and she wasn't going to allow them to treat me that way. About ten minutes later she walks out and told me that she didn't get any further than I did and that she would be calling corporate. She has all the cell phones, her cable TV, and her internet through this company so for two of their employees to act that way towards either of us is unacceptable.

When I got home and had calmed down a bit I looked online and found a case I wanted. I ordered it as soon as I found it and will now wait for it to come in the mail. For now I'll just have to be extra careful when handling my phone.

Apparently my mom called corporate and corporate is pissed at the two employees and told my mom that they would be calling that store and that they would get back to my mother within the next 24 to 48 hours with a resolution.

When I vented to Master about all of this He said He was sorry I had to get that pissed off. And I know it sounds stupid because it was over a cell phone case but for two employees to be so disrespectful, regardless of the subject at hand, is unacceptable. We'll see how that goes.

But at least I have a new one on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment