November 17, 2014

Early Winter Weather

Apparently winter is starting early this year. For the past week they had been saying it would snow. But nothing. It all seemed to be going up North where my aunt lives. She might as well be in Canada for fucks sake. But yesterday it finally hit. We didn't get a lot. Just two or three inches of snow all told. It did stick though. We had/have snow on the ground. However it was slick enough on the roads for them to send out the snow plows already. But it is never the snow that gets me. I mean, if my car fishtails yeah it scares the hell out of me. But honestly I would rather deal with snow rather than the bitter cold. Last winter we had both. We had quite a few days that were below zero and too many days where it was 40° below zero with the windchill. Honestly there were days where I was driving and I thought I would get frostbite while in my car. It was horrible.

About three or four years ago we had a blizzard. A full on can't get out my front door and there are snow drifts taller than my Husband blizzard. I would rather deal with that than 40° below zero wind chills.

I'm hoping that this winter is more mild than last winter. I really, really am.

However what I find amusing is that there are two people on a social media site that are already whining about the cold. Do we like the cold? No. Do we bitch about it? Yes. Do we whine about it? No.

Ya know why? Because we fucking live here. I have lived in Wisconsin my entire life. I'm petite and skinny. Cold really fucking sucks but I deal. I've been dealing with it for 31 years.

The two people bitching were born and raised here. Their problem is that they moved out of state for so long that I think they forgot what winter here is like. And to thing it's not even really winter yet. This is a taste.

One of them is my cousin. She was born and raised here but about seven years ago she moved to Oklahoma. She came back because her husband found a better paying job here.

The other one is the bitch my dad is living with/dating/whatever. She was born and raised here but thirty-five years ago she moved to Arizona. That is a long time to be in 100°+ weather. Welcome back to Wisconsin bitch. Master and I are both not so secretly hoping that the cold and/or snow becomes to much for her and she goes back. Hell, maybe she'll take my dad with her. I also think that my dad will remember how bad his back really is in the winter and possibly regret not moving out of state.

Who knows!

And yes, I'm feeling a bit bitchy. Thanks for noticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment