October 10, 2014

Duplicate

Yesterday Master and I were helping my mother trim a tree. Well, actually they are about three or four trees that were planted so close together that they started growing basically into one tree. It took a little while because we were trying to figure our which part of the tree(s) were alive and which were dead. My mom wanted a specific portion of the tree taken off so that there wouldn't be so much overhang on the driveway but she also wanted to keep as much of the healthy part of it as she could. Thankfully we were able to figure it out eventually.

Anyway after we were done trimming it we started dragging the branches, some of which were rather large, and throwing them into a field behind my mother's house. Master was handling most of the larger branches.

Master was out back throwing away one of the larger branches and I was up where the tree was picking up twigs. I heard Him call my name and I looked over wondering what was up. I started walking over there and I asked Him what was wrong. He looked upset.

He lost His wedding ring.

He was throwing away one of the branches and as He flipped His hand back to let go of the branch the ring went flying.

I was immediately upset and frantic. We searched everywhere. My mother came over to help us look. She even had a metal detector so we used that as well! Nothing. The only thing the metal detector found was the barbed wire fence and some pipes. That's it. We made sure it would pick up the ring. They are titanium so I took mine off, placed it gently on the ground, and waved it over my ring. It worked.

We have no idea where it went. We tried over and over again. Later that night we brought out flashlights to see if the light would glimmer off the ring. Nope.

All told my Master and I searched for it six or seven times yesterday. My mother searched out there by herself twice. And then Master and I tried again twice today. It's almost like it flew off His finger and landed in a pocket dimension.

Well, Master isn't about to walk around without a wedding ring on. And given all the dense bushes, bramble, field, mud, and trees back where it flew off His hand I honestly don't think we're going to find it. It really, really sucks. Of course both of us would prefer Him to have the original one that was placed on His finger on our wedding day, but if that is not possible a duplicate will have to do.

So today we got Master's new ring size. We weighed quite a bit more when we got married than He does now. His ring size when we got married was 13.5. It is now 10.5. Holy shit.

As soon as we got back home I went to the website where we ordered the original from and ordered the exact same ring with the exact same inscription. It takes them five business days to make the ring and then they will ship it. I will say that I am glad that we found out His correct ring size. Now hopefully it won't fly off His finger as easily. I can't believe His ring size is three sizes smaller than it was in 2007.

I'm just very grateful that since we had to purchase a replacement that I was able to get the exact same ring. Our rings match so that was important to me and to Him.

Once it comes in the mail I'll slip it onto His finger just like I did with the original. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, that's horrible! I am very sorry that happened. However its wonderful to hear the company you got your rings from still has the band your Husband originally got married with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angel. I was very relieved when I saw that they still had that particular ring. I was worried that I would have to order Him a completely different one and then our rings wouldn't match. It was important to us for yhem to match back when we were originally picking them out and it is still important to us now.

      Delete
  2. maybe you guys could have another cute ceremony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice idea but Master and I don't really get into the whole second ceremony or vow renewal thing. I'll just put the ring on His finger, smile, and give Him a kiss.

      Delete