October 6, 2014

Not A One Stop Shop

The weather lately has been fucked up. Some days it would be warm if it wasn't for the wind kicking up. Other days it's not windy at all but is still chilly as hell. The past few nights Master and I have been cold. Not freezing. We just bundle up more at night and then wake up cold to the point where you want to wrap the blanket around you before you even move.

The heat around here isn't the greatest so last night we borrowed a space heater for our bedroom from a family member. It worked wonderfully. The one we used to have wasn't nearly as good as this one. Plus the last one we had wasn't meant to be run frequently. It was more for when you were out in a garage or something along those lines. The heat sucked at our last apartment too.

We thanked our family member for allowing us to borrow the one we had and I asked where they got it. They told me that they didn't remember but knew some stores that sold it. As a result my family member and I went shopping for it today. I thought it was going to be one quick stop but it didn't end up that way.

It ended up being the following:
  1. We ran to the store to get dog food as I realized how low we actually were.
  2. Went to the gas station.
  3. Stopped at the grocery store to buy bagels.
  4. Stopped at Sam's Club to see if they had it. They did but for way too much money. We ended up picking up a few other things while there.
  5. We had to stop at an ATM.
  6. We stopped at Lowe's. They had that one but was actually $50 more than what Sam's Club had it for.
  7. We went to Menard's and they had it in stock! It was till more expensive than I expected but by that point I figured I might as well get it since we had already gone to so many places and I didn't want to borrow it again.
Now we have one and I don't have to worry about it. It even has a remote control in case you want to be incredibly lazy.  It's still in the box as we haven't decided whether or not we will need it tonight, but it's nice to know we don't have to worry about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment