October 8, 2014

Before They Hatch

I got some good news yesterday. I had apparently missed a call from a company I had applied to. I listened to the voice mail and called them back immediately. Thankfully, I was able to get a hold of them on my first call. I was worried that since it was close to the end of the business day that I would have to leave a message with them and wait for another call back.

I had literally applied to them the day before. I talked to a very nice woman on the phone who wanted to schedule an in person interview. I told her that my availability is open. She suggested Wednesday the 15th at 2pm or 3pm. I confirmed the 2pm.

I'm honestly a little surprised that the interview was scheduled so late, meaning that the interview isn't until next week. Normally when I've been called about an interview it's within a couple of days. I'm not complaining at all. I just found it a little odd.

It is an office assistant job and since I have worked in an office enviroment for the past five years I hope that goes in my favor. Another bonus is that the company is only ten minutes away. So regardless of the pay scale I won't have to worry about gas money as much as I had to at my last job. My last job was forty-five minutes away and the gas money was killing me even with a person sharing the gas costs with me due to the car pool.

I haven't had a job since my last one. I was let go from there back at the end of February. I never in my life would have thought I would be unemployed this long. Never. I have had interviews and I have had second interviews but never a job offer. I don't think I did anything wrong in the interviews honestly. I've done the best I could but I just hadn't been able to land a job.

I am very hopeful about the job interview next week. It's not just because I have been unemployed for so long but also because of the fact that it is so close to home. It would make travel incredibly easy. And with winter coming up I think that would be a very, very good thing.

I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. I'm continuing to apply to jobs. I would be incredibly stupid if I didn't.

Here is hoping. I was joking with Master about how weird it will be to have a set schedule again. *laughs* I haven't had a set schedule since basically the end of February/beginning of March. It has all been pretty much doing things as they need to be done. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment