October 26, 2014

Pumpkins!

Halloween just doesn't feel the same this year. Master and I were talking about it a little bit today. Every year for the better part of a decade my father has asked us to help him decorate for his "haunted house". This year he hasn't asked for our help once. We have even gone over there and commented and he hasn't said anything about it. Apparently this bitch that is living with him is enough help. Normally we also go shopping for Halloween decorations with him. Again, not this year.

It's not just that though. There aren't any good horror movies on DVD in our local stores. (Minus the Trick 'R Treat movie we picked up a little while ago.) Master and I have been looking and nope. Nothing. We went looking again today and we either already had them, they weren't worth the price tag, or we had they sucked. The only thing we did find is 1408. We both really enjoy that movie although I don't think I would necessarily call it a horror movie.

Okay, so yes it is a horror movie but not one of those "Halloweenish" type horror movies. Master and I have been looking for Halloween II. Not the original. The remake by Rob Zombie. We have the first one but cannot seem to find the second one anywhere. Oh well. We'll probably break down and buy it online even though I hate buying movies that way.

I think another reason it doesn't really feel like Halloween is because not a lot of people are decorating. You drive through town and you see a couple of places here and there. And normally it's just a few small things.

Yesterday Master and I did do something that neither of us have done in years. We carved pumpkins. *smiles* Just for ourselves.

We were bored. There were pumpkins available. We had sharp objects.

Master was picking on me because I was using a spoon the clean out the inside of mine. I hate grabbing huge gobs of pumpkin guts. I mean I ended up having to anyway eventually but I was able to get most of it done with the spoon. And yes, Master ended up helping me clean out mine anyway.

His is a cyclops and mine is just this weird screaming pumpkin. I love it though. I even took pictures of them. I also got a picture of Master holding His pumpkin. It's awesome.

That cheered me up a bit honestly.

I'm hoping that as it gets closer it will feel more like Halloween. It's my favorite holiday and this year it is falling a little flat. We'll make the best of it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment