September 10, 2014

Bullshit Train Keeps Rolling

Well, Master and I have been at our new place for a whopping four days now. The bullshit isn't about that. We still have some things to find places for, like our winter jackets and such. Basically things that we don't have an immediate need for. But for being here only four days I would say we have gotten a lot done.

The bullshit train is from my dad and that whole fucked up situation. My grandfather's house had been sold for about four months. Well, as good as sold anyway. The only thing the new people were waiting for was for my dad and uncle to finish cleaning the place up and have the estate sale. The estate sale had been done for a while now. But they then had to move my uncle back into his apartment and do the rest of the cleaning. This is what I mean about my dad procrastinating. Everything takes forever. You would think he would have want it sold, done, and over with as soon as possible since he would then be getting the money from the house being purchased. After all the house is paid off so it is nothing but profit. But oh no, not my dad.

At the last minute yesterday my uncle calls us up and basically said that my dad has been pushing him off for four days about getting the rest of the stuff taken to the dump and so he was wondering if we could come out and help. Well, we had both agreed that if my dad called we would say no but that if my uncle called we would go and help. We were both sore and tired from the move and getting as much as we could get settled. But fine. My uncle asked so off we went. My brother tagged along as well. When we got there my uncle informed us that my dad was coming and that he had one load in the truck already to take it out to the dump. My father hadn't shown up yet so my brother and my uncle took the truck to the dump while Master and I waited for my dad to show up.

What we were originally told was that it was only going to be taking stuff to the dump and then basically keep doing truck loads until it was all done. It honestly didn't look like that much so we figured maybe another two trips.

Then my dad showed up. He was furious. The buyers of the property backed out. These buyers are my dad's next door neighbors and friends. The way they informed him of this was by text that day. They apparently found out that the septic tank would need to be removed and a mound would have to be made due to the township's requirements. My grandpa had never done it because well... he didn't. *shrugs* Anyway, that was going to be an additional $50,000 that the buyers weren't expecting. I can't really blame them for backing out when you are talking about that on top of the $150,000 price tag on the house. You would have thought they would have checked into that at some point in the past four months but apparently not.

The dumbest part of all of this was the fact that because they were friends with my dad, my father gave them a house key and had allowed them to start painting. They had started doing so for the past few days prior to them finding out about the additional cost. They had also told my dad not to worry about getting the rest of the stuff out of the house because they would take care of it. My dad, on a leap of faith because they hadn't even put a down payment on the house, said okay.

Now that they backed out though my dad wanted to go through absolutely everything. Master and I were not pleased at all. We went out there to help load up the truck each time they needed to drive it out to the dump. Instead we got stuck with taking down curtains and clearing out more shit.

Once my uncle and brother got back they said that they wouldn't be able to do anymore trips to the dump because it closes at 3pm. You would think someone would have checked into that before not starting the process until 1:30pm. We basically went out there for one truck load, helping my dad do things we had no intention on doing, and loading the truck again for another trip.

But since my dad took all that other shit out of the house there are at least five more trips to the dump to do and that is before they go through the basement. My dad also started yammering on about how now they need to tear down the patio because the wood is rotten and the people who just backed out of the house had told him not to worry about it. Also, now they would have to repaint everything that the other people had done. And man do they suck at painting. They didn't tape anything off. There is paint dripping down the fire places, all over light fixtures, etc and so on. My dad started talking some bullshit about suing them for the cost of having to repaint. I don't think that would get very far given the fact that he allowed them to do it with no down payment and no written contract. Moron.

As usual after that shit was done they wanted to sit around and talk for a while. But my brother, Master, and I said fuck that noise and left. My uncle also said he may need our help on Thursday (tomorrow). Master and I are pretty undecided on that. We called my uncle but didn't get an answer. If we don't get a reply tonight we will definitely say no. We are sick of this last minute shit. Honestly I think we have done more than our fair share on this shit.

We have gone down there at a moments notice to help, we spent three weeks going down there for two days of the week each time. And there was a point where I actually stayed down here for three nights in order to help with the sale just so it would be less wear and tear on the car. Then we did that yesterday, again at a moments notice.

We shall see how this turns out. Right now we are on the fence about tomorrow. As for the rest of it, I'm pretty sure we're just going to say no. They can do it themselves. It isn't so much my uncle pissing us off it is my dad. This could have all been done and over with four months ago. Now he wants to do all this work to the house because he'll have to put it on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment