September 4, 2014

*Sigh*

Yesterday (Wednesday) Master had gone out to help my dad and my uncle do a one final sweep of my Grandpa's house before they finally turn it over to the people who have been waiting to be moving in for a good five months now. I personally think they are damn lucky that the buyers haven't backed out by now. Especially since this isn't due to red tape or anything along those lines. They have only been waiting for my dad and uncle to clear out all of Grandpa's stuff. And as you know, if you've been reading this blog for a while, Master and I have been busting our asses each and every time they need help out there. Every time my dad asked, we were there. Hell one time I stayed down there over night while Master stayed up here so it wouldn't be as much wear and tear on the car and would save on gas money. I did that for three nights.

Guess what, they wanted our help again. But yesterday only Master went. I needed to stay home and keep an eye on the mutt.

While Master was gone I spent some cuddle time with the mutt including giving him a good brushing. He is super soft now. *smiles* Normally Master is the one that brushes the dog because he behaves better for Him during it.

I also got some packing done. It wasn't a whole lot but it was all I could really do without Master since I didn't know how He would want His stuff packed or the general stuff. So instead I packed up all of my clothes except for the ones I'll be wearing over the next few days and the ones that are in the dirty laundry. I also packed away my shoes. I put all of that into plastic garbage bags. It never makes sense to me to put clothing in boxes when I'm moving. It seems like a waste of a box. I used my old suitcase to put all of my lingerie and our sex toys in. I admit that I kind of buried the sex toys at the bottom of the suitcase and put all of the lingerie on top of it. I figured that the old suitcase, rather than a bag, would be better for such things. Mainly because I know for sure it won't tear and out comes my lingerie or our sex toys while someone is carrying it. Talk about awkward.

I was also able to box up my breakables. I had bought mailing tape but I couldn't get the damn thing to unroll, so I used duct tape instead. Fuck it.

When Master got home from helping my dad and uncle He wasn't happy. He was fine with my uncle but my dad and dad's... whatever you want to call her... irritated Him. A few highlights was that the dad's whatever thing was pretty much useless, like always. My dad didn't even ask how our dog was doing even though his animal is the one that injured ours. My uncle asked and my dad was standing there, so my dad did get the update, but apparently didn't have much to say on the matter. My uncle said that he hopes our dog is okay. I appreciate my uncle doing that but I'm honestly surprised that my dad said nothing.

My dad has always loved animals. Maybe not as much as I do, but still. So why the hell he is basically acting as if it didn't happen I don't know. Master said that my dad did seem extremely distracted today, but that's not the point.

Also, the way the whole conga line of cars went today while there were filling a u-haul with as much as they could fit in there was kind of fucked up. Our car ended up staying out at Grandpa's the whole time, which is fine since it meant less in gas from our car. But at the end of it everyone ended up back at my uncle's house and Master stayed with my uncle to help him rearrange some things in his apartment and also to help set up my uncle's bed. He is finally moving back to his place as there is no longer a need for him to live out at Grandpa's house anymore. Grandpa's dog was sent back to the rescue and now everything but junk is out there.

Before my dad left to go return the u-haul he told my uncle and Master that he would drop off the u-haul and then come back with his car to pick up some folding tables that they had brought back to my uncle's house for my dad to take home. So Master stayed at my uncle's and waited. He waited about a hour and a half and they had done the bed and the rearranging in about a half hour. But they waited, and waited, and waited. My dad still hadn't shown up. Finally my uncle calls my dad's cell. No answer. He kind of figured that is what would happen since for whatever reason my dad always leaves his cell at home and treats it like a house phone. My uncle then called the bitch that has been at my dad's house since their class reunion about a month ago. No answer. What the hell? Apparently they waited a little while longer and then tried calling my dad again. He picked up the phone.

He had already swung by and picked up the tables from the truck my uncle was driving which was sitting at my uncle's apartment. But he never called or knocked on his door to let either of them know that he had done so. How nice of him. I guess he apologized but it is still a dick move. Master could have been home a hour and a half sooner. My uncle took Master back out to Grandpa's house so He could hop in our car and come home.

After Master relayed all of this to me I pretty much just said that unless my uncle is the one asking for our help with anything else out at the house, we're done helping. This is ridiculous and to just be that thoughtless to people who have been bending over backwards for you pisses me off.

Our dog has his follow-up visit tomorrow (Friday). Both Master and I are nervous about it. We are truly hoping that it is good news.

However, later on today (Thursday) we need to get as much packing done as possible. (I say later on today because I'm doing this post at 3:15am.) I would like to get enough done so that all we have to do is unplug the electronics and pack those up late Saturday night. Whether or not that happens I'm not sure. I would like to so that we have a lot less to do on Saturday as Sunday is going to be hectic as hell. And also so we don't have to do much tomorrow (Friday) after the mutt's vet visit.

*Small Update*

Apparently I didn't have to worry about the packing. Master's stuff had already been packed. All He has left is His clothes and those are easy enough to toss into a bag on Saturday. So, the rest of it just has to wait until Saturday night because that's when we'll be disconnecting all of the electronics. I guess I didn't realize exactly how little was left. All I had to do was tape up one box and then put two things in one of the totes that don't have a lid. Oh well. At least it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment