September 14, 2014

Shit Got Real

As of today it's been one full week since we moved. Honestly, things are going more smoothly than we originally anticipated. Tomorrow is our dog's follow-up vet visit. This will be his second follow-up since his eye was scratched. He has been on an eye ointment that has four antibiotics in it since that day. We are hoping that today will be the last day he has to have it. No one enjoys it. The dog hates it, which I don't blame him, and Master and I hate giving it to him.

Since we moved the vet clinic we use is now a little over a hour away. Once the follow-up appointment is done we will be finding a vet down here. But I want him to continue going to this vet until he no longer needs checkups on his eye. Hopefully that will be tomorrow. The reason why Master and I want to wait until afterwards is because they are the vet that started treating him for the scratch and we worried that a different vet taking over before the final follow-up that something would be lost in translation from one vet clinic to another.

Aside from that, some serious shit is about to go down on my father's side of the family. If you've been reading here for a while you already know that my grandfather is in a nursing home and has been since late March/early April. Since then my dad has pretty much been taking care of everything. I thought everything was okay except for a few things that I didn't agree with. But then as time went on I started to notice more and more that I didn't agree with. It's not about how Grandpa is being taken care of. He is very well taken care of at the nursing home he is in.

However the situation with the house was becoming more and more upsetting. But then my uncle, which is my father's brother, starting telling us some things that we didn't know about. Such as my father using some of my grandfather's money to live off of. My father has financial power of attorney. That money is not there for him to spend on anything aside from my grandfather's care.

Last night we found out that basically my uncle had had enough. He called my great aunt. She is my grandfather's older sister. She is six years older than my grandfather but is in pretty good health aside from being almost completely deaf in both ears. She is the eldest in the family. Literally. She is the oldest living relative I have and she is 81.

Anyway, my uncle told her everything. Every tiny detail. He broke down crying and told her everything that he has been wanting to pour out to someone on but knew that none of us could do anything about. Well, my great aunt said, "I want to talk to (insert my father's name here)"

At first I think my uncle misunderstood because he told her that he wasn't with him right now. Well... it's going a bit farther than a phone call. You see my great aunt lives in California. She had said that she was going to stay out of everything until Grandpa had passed. We live in Wisconsin. What is happening is that my great aunt is flying to Oklahoma to pick up her daughter. From there her daughter will be driving her here to Wisconsin.

She is bringing her daughter as back up basically in case my father decides to be incredibly stupid and try yelling at my great aunt. Her daughter will get up in my dad's face without flinching. But before she goes to see my dad she will visit her baby brother, my grandfather.

But like I said, she wasn't going to come to Wisconsin until after my grandfather passed so that she could attend the wake. So you know shit got real if she is coming all the way from California just to talk to my father. She is not happy.

On a good note I'll get to see her. I haven't seen her in a very long time. She will get here Friday. My father doesn't even know she is coming and no one is going to tell him. It's going to be one hell of a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment