September 20, 2014

Hurry Up & Wait

If you read this post you know that we have all been waiting in anticipation of my great aunt's arrival. She got into town late afternoon yesterday. As far as we knew she was going to talk to my father today and then do the rounds after that.

As a result Master, my mother, and I have been sitting on pins and needles all day waiting on an update. I bring my mother into this because my great aunt wanted to speak with her separately, after she spoke with my father but before she visited with the rest of the family. But nothing. Eventually my mother contacted my uncle, who put all of this into motion, to see what was going on.

We didn't know it but my uncle had been working since 4am and wouldn't get off of work until 10pm. Poor guy. He hadn't heard from my great aunt either which is understandable since he had been working since four in the morning.

Now we continue to wait. My uncle's best guess was that my great aunt visited my grandfather, her little brother, in the nursing home today and was too overwhelmed to want to do anything else today. I would completely understand that. It is hard on all of us but I have a feeling it is worse for her since that is her younger sibling.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring more news as to what she spoke to my father about as well as what she wants to say to the rest of us. I haven't seen her in a long time. I'm looking forward to it. Her and her daughter are leaving Monday morning so tomorrow is really the only time she would be able to do any of this. Well, unless she decides to extend her stay but I'm honestly hoping that doesn't have to happen.

I'm not exactly nervous about any of this as it is all out of my hands and my great aunt has final say on everything. When I say everything, I mean everything. I guess I would just say that I am anxious. I want it to be done and over with. Not because I want her to go home but because I just want to know what is going on and what the aftermath is going to be. I don't know how much she is going to lay into my father but I have a feeling it's going to be pretty bad. By aftermath I am referring to how my father is going to react to it and how he'll be afterwards.

But since it didn't happen today it's going to make me feel even more anxious tomorrow. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment