September 24, 2014

Health

Today our dog had his last dose of eye drops! Hooray!!! We gave him some treats to celebrate. *smiles* He was getting rather difficult and grumpy these past few days when we gave it to him. I couldn't say that I would be any different. After all he has been having some kind of eye medication, either the ointment or the drops, for almost a month now. I'm sure he was more than sick and tired of dealing with it. I know that I would be. I'm just thankful that he is done with all of his medication now and we don't have to take him back. It is as healed as it's going to be and honestly he doesn't even seem to notice it. The only time I really notice it is when the light hits his eye just right because the scratch/scar is rather visible when it is like that.

Tomorrow is my dentist appointment to get those four teeth pulled. I have been trying to keep myself calm about it all day. I think for how scared I actually am of dentists I'm doing rather well. Yes, I'm still scared and yes I'm worried about it but not as bad as it could be.

I'm just really glad that my shrink agreed to prescribe me some anti-anxiety medication. I talked to the pharmacist and he told me to take it about a hour before my appointment. My appointment is at 7:45am. As a result I'm going to take it around 6am. I want to pad that time line a little bit. I know it's not going to wear off in a short period of time. Valium is made to last a while. I know it won't wear off within a three hour time frame. And honestly the dentist told me that the longest part of the procedure will be doing the Novocaine because he's going to make triple sure I am fully numb. If that's true or not I have no idea. *shrugs*

I just know that I'm going to dress comfortably and taking my phone to see if I could listen to music while he is doing it. I just want something blaring in my ears. I'm going to ask if it's okay first though. Once we get home I'm probably going to prop myself up on the bed and try to stay as comfortable as possible.

I know that I am probably making a bigger deal out of this than I need to. But, like I said, I am scared of dentists and I truly believe I am handling this better than I normally would. Especially with everything else that has happened in the past month.

Speaking of doctor appointments, I have to go see my shrink on 10th of October. I need to do my twice a year check in as well as get a refill prescription. He won't do it unless I come in once every six months. I understand that. After all, there are so many people who abuse and/or misuse prescription medications.

2 comments: