September 26, 2014

Dentist Update

Yesterday was the dentist appointment. I took the anti-anxiety medication about a hour before the appointment. It didn't make me loopy of anything like that. It mainly just made it so I wasn't crying and ready to throw up. Yes, that's how upset I get about dentists. But this time I just have this anxiety pressure in my chest. I was able to keep it under control.

Master took me there and the people were really nice. I totally forgot my ear buds. I really was planning on cranking up some music on my phone through the ear buds but of course I forgot them. Well, it's better than forgetting something more important...

I got eight shots of Novocaine. By the time he was done I couldn't even feel my nose. I prefer that though. I didn't feel a thing. I didn't even really feel any pressure. And he wasn't kidding when he said that the Novocaine was the longest part of it all. That was mainly because he double checked, did another shot or two, and then gave that time to set in.

But the dentist was so nice and so was his dental assistant. He told me whenever he was going to do something. He told me how well I was handling it. All I can say is that I was completely relaxed the whole time. Once the shots were done with the time flew by. They took all four teeth out and put in stitches.

I don't have to take any antibiotics. They did give me a prescription pain reliever. They gave me Percocet.

After we got home from the appointment and getting the prescription filled I pretty much immediately went back to sleep. I made sure to take a Percocet before the Novocaine wore off. I also put ice on my face. Oddly enough once I did feel the pain it was more the places where the Novocaine was put in rather than where the teeth were pulled out.

I had to prop myself up as much as I could and pretty much slept 90% of the day and night from that point on. Once six hours passed by I took another Percocet and went right back to sleep. Sleep promotes healing so I slept as much as possible.

When I woke up this morning I was hardly in any pain at all. I simply took a couple of aspirin and that's all I've taken all day. It's not very painful. My face isn't nearly as swollen as it was yesterday. I'm not as tired as I was yesterday either. I am glad that I slept as much as I did though. I honestly don't think I would be feeling as good as I am today if I hadn't crashed most of the day yesterday.

Now I just have to get through the rest of this healing process which isn't very long time... Four to five days to fully heal basically. My gums will still be tender and all that but they should pretty much be healed. I can't wait for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment