June 2, 2014

Headaches & Positive Thoughts

I've been popping Tylenol like fucking candy for the past three or four days now. If it's not something with my back, it's something with my shoulders, if it's not either of those it's my damn head. Currently, it's my head. The weather has been up and down. The pressure is making my head pound. It was cool enough that we didn't even really need a fan on for most of last week and then finally last night we took the fan out of the bedroom and put it out here, which worked fine. But tonight? Tonight we had to actually turn the air conditioner on. I didn't think we'd have to do that for a while. But I don't need Master or our dog getting sick from being overheated. And when I'm feeling hot I know damn well He and the dog are roasting. We all feel a lot better after turning it on. In fact I'm a bit chilled but Master and the dog are very comfortable and that's all that matters.

Ever since we got the paracord bracelets and I realized how comfortable they are and how inexpensive they actually are, I've decided that we are going to give them out as holiday presents this year. At least to most people. I know that a few people in our families won't want them. But hey, then again they have paracord key chains too.. So ya know what? That's what people are getting. Paracord.

Every year we pretty much get all of the adults the same thing. This past year it was tins with candy in them and the year before that it was coffee mugs. It's just really easy to do and makes the whole process a lot less stressful. Master was making fun of me about it because it's only June and here I am talking about holiday presents. *laughs*

*shrugs* At least it's a plan. And I honestly don't know why the hell it popped into my head.

Onto a completely unrelated topic...

I'm going to have to figure out when I'll need to refill my prescription. I'm getting them through the manufacturer right now since I am unemployed and don't have insurance. They sent me a three month supply and I'm eligible for six months worth. I'll have to call them and find out how that process works. I don't know how long it takes them to send it out and I sure in the hell can't run out before I get the next order in. They'll have to send it to my shrink's office so it'll be a two step procedure. They ship it to them and then my shrink lets me know they receive it. After that I have to haul my tail in there to pick them up. I have plenty of time right now, but I just want to make sure I stay on top of it. I'll give them a call sometime tomorrow to see what happens from here.

I also have that test on Thursday for the 911 position I had applied to back in March. This will be the second test. I passed the first one, which was a data entry test. This one is a mock call center test. I know that there are at least three more steps after this one, should I pass it, and I'm really hoping it picks up soon and that I get the job. I need a job as soon as possible and unfortunately I just haven't landed one yet. I'm hoping this pans out... I am also hoping it pans out soon. Everyone I know is wishing me luck and telling me that I'll do great and to not stress myself out. The most common advice I've received is to just relax and focus. Damn good advice if you ask me.

I'm still applying like crazy to other places, trust me. I don't really know why I'm not getting calls back. I have a 100% steady job history. This is the first time I've been unemployed except for when I was going to college.

But there are also how many other people applying to the exact same jobs? There are a lot of people looking for work and every employer has a shit ton of resumes and applications to sift through and can pick and choose from there.

Something has to give. I'm not panicking yet, which actually is pretty fucking amazing given how my mind works. I'm trying to stay as positive as possible or I'll be a jumbled mess curled up in the fetus position in a dark corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment