June 5, 2014

Testing

Last night I tried really hard to go to sleep at a half way decent time. But since being unemployed I've actually been going to bed between 3am and 4am. As a result it was a bit difficult. I went to bed at about 2:30am and I took a benadryl to help make me drowsy, which thankfully helped.

I got up at 7:20am this morning. I had that 911 mock call center test today at 9am. I left extremely early because I didn't know how much construction was going on and where exactly it would be. Wisconsin has two seasons. Winter and Construction. I got there a good 45 minutes early but it took a little while to find parking. The shitty thing was that all the street parking available was either for 30 minutes or 1 hour. According to the e-mail in regards to the test it could take up to 2 1/2 hours. Fuck. So I had to go to a parking structure and pay for it. The last thing I needed was to be at the public safety building for a job test and get a parking ticket. The public safety building is basically the cop shop which is directly across the street from the jail and directly behind the court house.

I was the only one dressed nice. All of the other people there were in jeans. I realize that it is only a test and not an actual interview but at the same time I'd rather dress nice for it since it is for a job.

They started the testing a half hour late because they were having computer issues. They had originally said they weren't even sure whether or not they would be able to do the testing today due to the computer issues but that if we were willing to stick around they would see if they could get it working. Well, hell. I drove almost a hour to get down here so hell yeah I'm sticking around.

It was a relief that they were still able to do it.

Before the test started they said that they had originally started out with 275 applicants and that they were now down to 50. After this test it will obviously be less than that. They are looking to fill five positions. Hopefully I'll pass this test and get through the other two steps and get one of those five positions.

The part that sucked is that they couldn't answer any questions we might have in regards to the test itself. Thankfully I had studied the information they provided via e-mail. But even then there were three sections of the test that weren't mentioned in the e-mail at all. I think I did well.

They said that they don't give the results right away and that if we don't receive an e-mail within a week to feel free to contact the HR person. I have her e-mail so if I don't hear anything by next week Thursday I'll shoot her an e-mail politely asking for an update.

I was really tired by the time I got home so after I did more job searches and applied to a few more jobs I ended up taking a nap. When I woke up we took the mutt for a walk. Now later on tonight after the animals are taken care of I'll be doing laundry. I don't mind doing laundry but I hate the fact that the dryer doesn't get everything dry unless you send it through two to three cycles. I'm sure it does that just so you pump more quarters into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment