June 17, 2014

101 Questions

Today is Master's birthday. We couldn't do very much at all due to finances. But He doesn't really care about His birthdays, just like I don't care about mine. I still feel a little bad about it though. So I did something small that I could pull off. It isn't much but I got Him a six pack of Jack Daniels Black Jack. Also, that paracord bracelet I had ordered for Him that didn't fit is being remade and should have been shipped either yesterday or today. Hopefully it'll be here sooner rather than later. I asked them how they would like me to send the one that doesn't fit back to them and they said not to worry about it and to just keep it. That was really nice of them. So now I figure that I'll see if my dad or my brother want it. *shrugs* If they don't I have no idea what I'll do with it. It's way too big for me.

In other news....

My father and my uncle are currently fighting. My grandfather is supposed to have a nerve test done tomorrow. My father is 100% for it and my uncle is 100% against it. I'm not chiming in on it. He's not my father therefore I have no say in any of it. I will say that I am against it. But... Nothing I can do about it. Apparently my uncle went over there today and continued to try and talk my father out of it. I don't know the outcome of that discussion. The only reason I know about it at all is because my uncle called my mother to vent and he told her that he was going to see my dad about it today. So... yeah. No clue.

Another tiny bit of news it that Master told His mother about the fact that we'll be taking over my dad's place once he moves out of state. He told her now so we're not dealing with 101 questions right as it's happening. She is like that. So, we're getting 101 questions now. He told her via e-mail and they have been messaging back and forth ever since. One question after another after another. And Master has had an answer for all of them. She seems to think that we haven't thought about any of it. We have.

Believe me we have. We gotten a low down on the appliances, how new they are, etc. and so on. We've talked about the bills and how much those are on average. And every time Master answers her she gets more snippy about it, as if she wasn't expecting us to have thought it from.

For instance she brought up the heating bill. Master explained that we had already discussed this with my father and also stated that the home has a fireplace in it so that will cut down on the heating bill in the winter. Reasonable answer. She came back with, "Where are you going to get the wood from?"

When Master read that aloud I laughed and said, "Trees."

That got Him laughing as well. I mean seriously, what kind of question is that?

Rather than being a complete smart ass about it Master simply told her that we can buy it at grocery stores, gas stations, and also my mother. My mother has a fireplace that she uses all the time in the winter so she stocks up on wood. So we could easily just chip in on the bill for the wood that they buy and get some of that.

Another thing she had brought up about the fireplace that I found amusing is the fact that she said, "Well as long as it isn't an electric fireplace..." That one actually made me pause. She owns and uses an electric fireplace.

Master and I have come to the conclusion that she is basically trying to scare us off of it for some reason. Master thinks that it is due to jealousy as our rent/bills would be lower than where we are now and it is bigger than where she lives. She lives in a very small two bedroom and two bathroom condo that she spent more than $200k on. My dad's place is a great size, has three bedrooms, and two bathrooms. The kitchen is massive and has an island. Her kitchen is so tiny that it feels cramped to me and I'm small.

Who knows... Hell, we don't even know when this will be happening and she's acting like we're moving tomorrow. We'll be seeing her on Saturday and Master and I both think that we'll be bombarded with more questions. In fact I have a feeling that she'll be asking me the exact same questions she asked Master just to see if she gets the same answers. It should prove to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment