December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013

It's the end of the year. Ya know, sometimes it feels like time is dragging by so slowly and then before you know it the upcoming year is literally just around the corner. Which of course starts it's own chain of events right off of the bat.

In January we have three family birthdays. February we have one family birthday. And then in March it is my birthday and our anniversary. After that, if I remember correctly, we have a very small window of no birthdays or any other celebrations. In fact I think it's only for the month of April. I can't remember right now.

It seems like I was just doing a post about Goodbye 2012 yesterday. Like I said most of the time the days and weeks and months seem to go at a snail's pace. But then a significant date comes along and you realize that it seems like it was all gone in the blink of an eye. Whether they are personally significant dates or a major holiday.

One thing I know for sure is that I'm going to be constantly having to do this: 2013 2014. You would think it wouldn't be that big of a deal. After all you're writing a different date every single day and then in four weeks you're writing a different month. But once the clock ticks over to 2014 suddenly I keep screwing it up. Probably because you do it for 12 months before having to change it.

Either way it's annoying. Especially since I am constantly typing in dates at work. So having to correct the year every time I fuck it up gets old really fast. Which again makes you think I would catch on sooner. But no. It normally takes me until the beginning of February before I'm entering the correct year.

We had been invited over to BC's place for New Year's Eve. Well, his and his wife's place I should say. But Master and I both decided that we didn't want to go. We never hear from him. We try to make contact and it's short lived. He is so caught up in everything else, it's like he really doesn't have time for us. At least that's how it seems to me.

Another part of why we didn't want to go is because most of his wife's family is going to be there and we don't get along with them due to their reaction to us. They seem to not approve of us. Which is funny, since we're not the ones who married into their family.

And yet, last but not least, they are going to have a lot of kids there. Now, don't get me wrong it's not that I don't like children. I do. But these kids don't know how to behave, they get away with murder, and the last time we were around them we both got really sick.

Plus, who has people over and invites their children as well for a New Year's Eve party? Normally at such things adults are getting drunk and loud.

See, there's another thing. Drunk people. Lots of them. Drunk people who don't like us and we don't like them. And I really, really don't like being around people who are drunk. Master has never been drunk around me. Hell He hasn't been drunk since we first started dating almost 11 years ago. He has been rather tipsy, which is actually kind of funny. But He has never been drunk.

I've been drunk twice in my life. I'm 30 years old and I've only been drunk twice. Both times it wasn't that I was trying to get drunk. It was one of those things where the drinks were so sweet that I didn't really taste the alcohol and I didn't realize how much I had until after I was drunk. I went from feeling fine and a tiny bit tipsy to feeling sick to my stomach and like the room was spinning around me. I hated the feeling. I hated it even more the second time around because I honestly didn't think I had all that much. I'm a lightweight though, so that doesn't really surprise me.

And now that I'm on my medication I don't drink hardly at all. Why? The medication seriously heightens and speeds up how I am feeling. So one drink can get me fucked up. I'm not kidding. I think the most I've had is 3/4 of a Smirnoff Ice. And even then I was already tipsy, which is why I stopped. Sometimes when Master is having a drink I'll have a sip here and there. But I'm afraid to have a whole drink of my own. I don't want to get drunk. I don't mind tipsy. Tipsy can be fun. But I have no idea, with this medication, how thin of a line that is.

So, lets see here. You have a friend inviting us over that we hardly hear from, and actually he isn't the one that invited us, it was his wife. Then there are a group of people we don't know and/or don't like us, you have a bunch of kids that can't behave and are constantly sick, and you have two people (Master and myself) who don't drink a lot.

And typically that's what parties for New Year's Eve are about. Drinking. So no thank you. I'll just be at home with my Husband and chill all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment