December 15, 2013

Winter Has Arrived

Yesterday they were saying we were supposed to get 5 to 8 inches of snow and that it was supposed to start around 5pm. As a result I was sitting there at work just hoping that it would wait until I got home from work. And when I left work it wasn't snowing so I was very happy. I made a quick stop on my way home to pick up a few things to make sure we didn't have to go drive in it.

Last night I would periodically look outside to see how bad it was. No snow. Not even a dusting. It was almost 3:30am by the time I fell asleep on the couch and it hadn't started yet. So I figured it was going to be as bad as they said it was going to be. It's supposed to be lake effect snow and we live about a half mile off the lake so I figured we would get hit pretty hard. But since it hadn't started yet I figured it wasn't going to be that bad.

Then I get up this morning to take the dog out and sure as fuck it's snowing. There wasn't a lot on the ground yet but the snow was coming down pretty hard and steady so I'm guessing that by tonight we should have about 5 inches of snow.

I'm just glad we don't have to go anywhere today. We shouldn't have to leave the apartment at all except for when the dog has to go outside to do his business.

So far we haven't had our typical severe winter storms. But it's still pretty early in the winter season. Hell, a few years back we had a blizzard that we didn't really think was going to be as bad as it was and then boom... we couldn't even get out the door of the apartment. So who knows. Our winters can be rather unpredictable at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment