December 24, 2013

On Repeat

I sometimes get songs stuck in my head and they normally come out of thin air. As in I have no idea why they all of a sudden smacked me in the face.

I normally have to play them at least three times to at least stop the song from swimming around in my head for a while. About a couple of hours ago for some reason one particular song just wouldn't stop playing in my head. And the shitty part was that it was just a portion of the song stuck on repeat. It wasn't even the entire song! That is worse to me. I'd rather have the whole song stuck in my head rather than just one portion of it. Normally, if a song gets stuck in my head Master either loves, likes, or doesn't mind the song I want to play. However, there are a few select songs that He just absolutely hates. And when He hears me play them He tells me that I have bad taste in music. *laughs* Never mind the fact that 85% of our tastes in music match up. But there are songs/bands on both sides of the fence that we just look at one another and go, "Really?" So when He says I have bad taste in music He is just saying it about those select few and I do the same thing to Him.

Guess what category this song fell on? Yeah.. He hates it.

So I hopped online, put in my ear buds, cranked it up, and grooved to it. I even went so far as to just close my eyes, bow my head, and completely focus on the song. As soon as it finished I took the bar and placed it at the beginning again. I believe I did that four times right in a row. It seems excessive I know. But that's just how my brain works for some reason. Which is part of the reason it sucks when I get a song stuck in my head at work. There is nothing I can do about it.

The song isn't even from a band I like! It's just one song of theirs that I heard on the radio one time and since then it has been popping up every now and again. I don't like the band but I love the song itself.

What is the song you ask? It's "Smells Like A Freak Show" by Avatar.




It's not my normal style of music. I'm into rock, hard rock, and metal for the most part. The me this falls outside of that area. I'm not even sure what the label it under. *shrugs* I think part of the reason I love it so much is well, one the subject of the song. I find it interesting. The second part is that the lead singer's voice is odd. It's different. And typically I love songs that have an interesting lead vocal. That's one reason why I love WASP and King Diamond. No, I'm not comparing those to this song. They are nothing like this song. I'm just saying that both bands have really interesting lead vocals.

Here is an example of a WASP song I love so you can hear his voice. It's "My Tortured Eyes".




And here is an example of a King Diamond song I love so you can hear his voice. It's "Life After Death".




So yeah, it's all over the board I know. But they all have very interesting vocals. At least they do in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment