July 30, 2014

Frustrated

I'm just a bit frustrated right now. My father and uncle asked for both Master and I to meet them out at my grandfather's yesterday and today to help them finish sorting through things out there in preparation for the estate sale. They finally picked a date for that. Well, I guess I should say dates. At first it was going to be a one day sale. Then they decided to make it two days. Now? Oh, well now is three damn days. Seriously? *sigh* They are having it two weekends from this upcoming weekend. It's as if all of a sudden they went, "Holy shit it's damn near August... maybe we should get this shit done." I don't know why it took them both this long to get a fire under their ass because the house has been technically sold for over two months now. The buyer is simply waiting for them to finish doing what they are doing before handing over the money and moving in. And my uncle has been saying how badly he wants to get back to his apartment rather than living out at Grandpa's place and yet they keep dragging their feet.

I just work totally different than my father or uncle. When things need to get done I want it done now. That way I know it's done and I can move forward with whatever task is next or I can just relax. Especially when it's something this important. I understand that it's weird and awkward to be going through your childhood home and sorting through things before Grandpa's even gone, however that was their decision so why not get it done sooner rather than later. The way they have been doing it is basically just dragging the weirdness and feeling of being uncomfortable out. Treat it like a band aid... rip it off. That may sound cold but it's how I see it. And keep in mind that it is my grandparents house and it's odd and uncomfortable for me to be out there knowing Grandpa isn't coming home ever again and here we are clearing it out and about to sell it. I still sometimes see the hospital bed that was in the living room while my grandmother was suffering from cancer. It's like an overlay of what is actually there, which is the couch.

Anyway...

We actually got quite a bit done yesterday. But it was still annoying because my father, my Husband, and myself are trying to knock out as much as we can but my uncle decides he wants to test all of the Christmas lights to make sure they work before they sell them. Mother fucker you can do that when no one is there. Why not utilize everyone while we're all there rather than that piddly shit you can do when no one is around.

Then we go there today and we pull up and no one is there. The house is all locked up so Master and I just sat on the front porch. My dad showed up about 10 minutes later. No big deal. But my uncle wasn't anywhere to be found and he had left his cell phone there so we had no way of getting a hold of him. We sat in the living room for a little while before starting in. We cleaned out the entire den and then went into the basement where there is a cubby hole/crawl space. It's pretty damn big actually. I crawled in there and started handing things through the opening in the wall. It literally took us a little over two hours to go through everything in there. And there was still shit left and it was only left because it was my uncle's and he still hadn't shown up.

When he did finally get there all he did was take down the little bit of Christmas lights from the basement walls and took a clock off the wall. That was it. Again shit he could be doing when no one is there. We were pretty much done with the entire crawl space before he got there. Prior to him showing up we had all agreed that once we were done with that we'd go home. But since he showed up before hand, once we were finished, we went into the living room and chilled for a few minutes thinking that he would want to start in on something and would need our help. Finally after about 20 minutes I asked, "Is there anything else we are going to do today?" My uncle's response was, "Nope. I don't want to do anything today."

*shakes head* So we went home.

It shouldn't piss me off so much but it does because we planned these past two days around my uncle's schedule. And for him not to be there today until literally the very end and not want to do anything is bullshit. We were there for four and a half hours before he showed up! My dad asked him where he had been because he was annoyed about it too and apparently he had decided to go visit a friend of his to play video games. *raises eyebrow* This man is in his 50 years old and decided to go play video games with his friend rather than doing important shit with family members that planned to be there around his damn schedule.

Whatever...

Right before we got into our cars to leave my dad asked me if we could help again next week. Sure. Why the hell not. Honestly if this didn't need to get done I wouldn't be helping as much as I am. I try to bend over backwards to help out family when I can. But this is getting a bit ridiculous. However, I literally have nothing better to do and if this shit doesn't get done they are just going to push everything back again and drag this shit out some more. I guess it wouldn't feel so ridiculous if this had been done sooner and hadn't been dragged out this long.

No comments:

Post a Comment