July 20, 2014

Dragging

Yesterday was busy as hell. I went down to my mom's to help her with some things that she needed done. As soon as that was over I had to drive back home and pick up Master. About five minutes after I walked into the door we headed back out to go to His brother's. His father's side of the family was having a belated cookout to celebrate His father's birthday. It was a good time and I'm glad that we were able to go.

I had gotten a lot of fresh air yesterday so that night I passed out on the couch and when we got to bed I seemed to pass out as soon as my head hit the pillow. It had been a long but good day.

Today has kind of been like playing phone tag... but with text messages. I personally prefer text messages over a phone call if it's going to be a relatively short conversation.

My brother had been saying for about the past three weeks that he wants to come up at some point this week. I had sent him a text early last week to try and find out when. He wasn't sure at that time so I sent him another text today about it and now it's a maybe for Saturday. I'm pretty sure that's the best I'm going to get out of him at this point.

I then contacted my father to see when the estate sale is. My uncle had kind of sort of mentioned last week that it would be this upcoming weekend. I got a text back from my dad saying he doesn't think it's going to be this weekend but that they need help sorting through things. I told him that we would help and that I needed to know when. He responded telling me that he has to talk to my uncle and that he would call me later. I wonder if he will actually call tonight or if he'll send a text or if I'll hear from him tomorrow. Either way I'm just going to wait for him to get a hold of me other wise I'm chasing him again and going to get the same answer repeatedly which only frustrates me more.

It doesn't help that they keep pushing shit back when it comes to this and if it had been left up to me this would have all been done and over with a month ago. After all, it's not like they haven't had time to get this done... They are just dragging their heels. It's frustrating but I'm trying not to get pissy about it.

Also, I feel drained as hell today. I know part of it is because I'm on the rag and another part of it is because it is so damn muggy today. Whenever it's really hot and/or muggy out I feel like I'm dragging myself whenever I move. Master is feeling the same way about the weather.

Hopefully my dad will get back to me with a specific date and time for when he wants us to come down and help sort. I have no idea what is left to sort through given the fact that the house is pretty empty... It's probably just small insignificant shit that, again, could have been sorted through last month.

*deep breath*

We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Blogspot ate the comment I'd written so I'm going to end up giving you a shorter version:

    Your father and uncle may not be emotionally ready to really finish emptying the house yet. Putting the sale back and not getting the last bits done may be their subconscious way of showing that. I think it's hard to understand specifically how hard these things are on a person's kids. If they lived in the house at any point, it's probably even harder for them to go. The fact that he's still alive ads another layer of difficulty. Unless there is an external reason they need to get it done (such as the house already be sold), it's probably going to be best in the long run for them to deal with it all on their own time. I know it's frustrating for you because I've gone been in your position. But if they need time, they need time and doing it sooner will make the closure harder for them.

    There may also be more that's useful in the last little bits than you expect. My parents ended up with enough candles (of the type used on dinner tables) to last over 5 years (possibly as long as 10 years) after one grandmother died and I know there were other things found at the end which family wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They grew up in that house since they were in elementary school. Now, while I can understand that it is emotional there are two reasons why I personally think they would be moving faster. First, because my uncle is living there and he wants to get back to his apartment soon as he doesn't like living out there. The second reason is because the house is sold. My dad sold it to his next door neighbor. That was actually done a few months ago. Of course they don't get the money until the guy moves in but still... It's sold... Get it done and over with. In fact the next door neighbor of my dad's is getting more anxious to get into the house. The original "deadline" was September. I'm honestly surprised my uncle hasn't been more pushy with my dad since he does want to move back to his apartment.

      Delete